I'm So Sorry

You're My Melody

"A-amnesia?" you whispered and stared at the ground with your vision slightly blurry. *I haven't heard about this. I don't have amnesia. I'm perfectly fine!*

"~~~~~!" Carmen rushed to your side but you pushed her away. Carmen's face fell and she backed away slightly.

"E-explain to m-me," you curled yourself up into a ball and leaned against Dongwoo's shoulder.

He wrapped an arm around your shoulder and pulled you close. "Don't worry precious, oppa's got your back."

"When your mum died," Carmen interrupted.

You're heart stopped momentarily. *Mum…*

"You went into the most serious case of depression that doctors had to deal with," Carmen slipped onto the floor and hugged her legs. Woohyun came to her side and comforted her. "It all happened because of your mum's sudden death."

 

"~~~~~~," your mum came over to a teenage you. "Dress quickly, my concert starts in less than three hours and we need to be there shortly. I also want you to perform with me. Is that okay? Just like a special event," she smiled at you as she brought over your midnight blue, strapless dress. It was also full-length for a more adult-like look.

"Whatever you want mummy," you smiled as you shimmied out of your casual shorts and tee. You put on a pair of black shorts. "Ready."

Your mum came over and put the dress in front of you and you stepped into it. She loved dressing you up and you also enjoyed her company.

 

You arrived at the concert venue and you were greeted by the VIP guests and organisers. You greeted them politely, sticking to your mother's side like gum. She would introduce you and you would say hello and introduce yourself.

"Would you like to warm up on the piano?" the main coordinator asked your mother.

"Of course, thank you. Come along ~~~~~. You can help me warm up," she linked arms with you and headed towards the stage.

"Okay," you beamed back at her and sat next to her on the piano chair.

Your mum did some warm up finger exercises by doing scales and stretching. You helped and you both started to enjoy yourself.

"Come now, you pay a piece for me," your mother waved you over and you sat next to her.

You started to play a piano piece called 'Kiss the Rain' by Yiruma. It was melodious and your mum enjoyed your piano playing very much.

"Beautiful, you take after me, if I do say so myself," she winked at you and nudged you.

"Miss, guests are arriving and the concert will begin soon. Please come and greet your guests," the main coordinator came and beamed at the two of you.

"Oh, time flies," your mum stood up and waited for you. "Come keep me company sweetie."

You nodded, "Of course."

 

"MUM!!!!!!!" You ran onto the stage from behind the curtains, revealing your tear stained and pale face. You ran to the place where your mum had been.

She was sitting at the piano with a soprano singer had sat on the end of the piano. The piano became unbalanced and the piano tipped due the weight at the end. Your mum's long dress got caught under the piano leg and the piano came toppling over her and the singer. Both died and the stage was a crime scene for many months. People were cleaning the blood off the stage and some stains were now visible.

 

"~~~~~~, that day, you became a totally different person. I'm so sorry… you tried to commit suicide once and that's what caused your memory loss," Carmen's eyes filled with tears. "I'm so sorry…"

------------------

So there's the explanation that everyone's been waiting for :D