The World Is Unfair To You

You're My Melody

You were at home now, all cleaned up and in your pyjamas. You were snuggled up against Carmen in the big canopy bed. "Carmen?"

"Yes sweetie?" Carmen turned over so she was now facing you.

"Today, I got a weird feeling," you didn't know how to put it in words. "Something like I experienced it before but I haven't? Like when you're familiar with something you get that feeling," you looked at Carmen and hoped she had understood your words.

*Did her memories come back? I don't think she did. Maybe it's just a slight feeling of nostalgia she got today at the performance* Carmen reached out and patter your head. "I know what you're trying to say. Just say it slowly and put as much detail you can and tell me. You know I'll listen."

"Well today at the Music Core performance, Infinite oppas did a special… serenade? Not sure if it was but something along those lines. They sang and danced with me and everything. It felt familiar in a way but I'm not sure if it was just mere coincidence or just something I experienced but don't recall having that memory in my brain," you looked at Carmen to see if she was listening.

Carmen nodded and urged you to continue but she wasn't listening as much as she intended to. She recalled a special memory shared on that one particular night.

 

"Oi! You two, hurry up will you? We're going to be late!" Carmen yelled with her arms in the air with Woohyun next to her.

"Calm down, let them be," Woohyun ushered her into the arena.

"I want to hear DBSK oppas sing! She has the tickets as well," she pointed to you and Sungyeol casually walking next to each other and making light conversation. It seemed like nothing existed in the world besides you two. "Hurry up ~~~~~! Otherwise I'll drag you along!" Carmen gave you a warning look.

"Coming!" you meekly looked at Sungyeol and your cheeks flushed a pale pink. "Oppa, I'll go first and give the tickets to Carmen. She's dying to watch the concert."

Sungyeol nodded and pushed you encouragingly forward, "I’ll meet you in about two minutes."

You nodded and jogged towards Carmen and Woohyun, "Sorry, here are the tickets."

"About time," Carmen feigned irritation. "Let's go my tree," she linked arms with Woohyun and peered at the now approaching Sungyeol. "Sit next to him sweetie," she handed you the other two tickets and dragged Woohyun inside the arena.

"Let's go in oppa," you laughed and walked inside with Sungyeol at your side.

 

Everyone was cheering as DBSK were performing and you were in the VIP seats, right in the front row. DBSK had a special surprise for their Cassies. They would do a special serenade type thing to one of the fans while singing Mirotic's chorus. The second versus came to an end and DBSK came down the stage and fan girls all around you started to scream their heads off, especially Carmen. You smiled at her enthusiasm and waved your hands in the air as well.

Jaejoong spotted you in the front row and signalled his other members their target for tonight. They nodded all thinking you looked pretty and cute waving your hands in the air. They approached you. Junsu held out his hand and took you up on stage. They sang 'I got you~ UNDER MY SKIN!' You blushed like crazy and covered your red face from the idols. They smirked at your cute reaction and started to dance with you. You did a cute pose with Junsu, bumped shoulders with Changmin, did a body roll with Jaejoong, Yoochun gave you a tight hug and Yunho twirled you around on the spot. All the Cassies were cheering you on, they mostly cheered on their idols.

Sungyeol just glared at DBSK and a smiling you, *I want to do that for you her someday.*

"Lucky girl," Carmen grunted from her seat and cheered her best friend on.

 

"Carmen," you propped up on one elbow. "You think someday, my dad will come looking for me? And my mum will open her arms for me to jump into them?"

Carmen flinched, your question catching her off guard, "Of course they will. They wouldn't leave their most precious daughter in the world alone, would they sweetie?"

You shook your head with a warm smile.

"It's late, we should go to sleep. Don't you have classes tomorrow?" Carmen peered at the clock and it read 1:30am.

You nodded and yawned, "Goodnight Carmen." You snuggled into her side and sighed a breath.

Carmen watched you fall asleep, *If only you knew what actually happened to them. The shock was so great that you forgot that your dad was the cause of your mum's death. After your mother died, you father followed her due to depression and the huge amount of guilt that overcame him. The world's so unfair to you. You're such a good girl, not even breaking any laws, and here I am, breaking particularly every single law there is for you to regain your memories again. I just hope that in the end, my efforts will be paid off* Carmen brushed your hair away from your face and then fell asleep beside you.

-----------------

:)