Performance

You're My Melody

You were sitting down at the white grand piano while some people were fiddling with your dress. You just sat there with the music in front of you and you started to examine it.

*Can U Smile?* you liked the sound of it. *It sounds like they’re referring to me.*

Infinite was on the stage doing last minute makeup and hair touches.

“Good luck!” Sunggyu, you remembered, waved over to you.

“Fighting!” Sungjong yelled to you.

*Let’s see if she’s still the same as before* Woohyun glanced at you, nervous for the both of you.

You took a deep breath in and saw Director Kim in the corner of your eye. You sighed *No pressure…*

Infinite took their seats and the microphones and L sat with the guitar ready in hand.

“3, 2, 1,” Director Kim yelled, “Camera roll!”

The audience grew excited and started chanting all the members’ names from Infinite.

L started to play the guitar and that was your cue to play as well.

The notes came to you automatically and your fingers ran over the keys gracefully.

Infinite started singing and the audience grew quiet.

Your piano playing caught the attention of Infinite and they got up from their seats. They walked over to you one by one; looking like this was all rehearsed. L had to stay seated as he was playing the guitar accompaniment.

Oh can u smile~

They all sang looking at you.

You looked back at them but still gave your full attention to the piano. *Why…*

It was the verse now and they were crowding around the piano. Sungjong perched himself on the back of the piano, Sungyeol took his seat next to you on the piano stool. Woohyun stood behind you. The rest of Infinite was either leaning against the piano or sitting on the steps that lead to the piano in a charismatic way.

It was Sungyeol’s part now.

mianhaeseo jabadul sun eobtneungeol…

You froze at his melodious voice and the fans started to scream. *He has a nice voice.*

Sungyeol gazed at you intently while singing his part and then smiled handsomely towards the audience.

The chorus came up again and Infinite walked back to join L. You sighed quietly and continued to play the piano flawlessly.

To the audience, you looked beautiful playing the piano. You seemed like an angel and the notes came out melodious with no flaws.

The audience cheered as the song came to an end. You played the last note with L in perfect synchronisation.

Infinite smiled and waved to the audience while saying ‘thank you’ and ‘I love you’. They did something unexpected by motioning towards you. You stood up and bowed professionally. The males from the audience cheered and whistled at your beauty.

Sungyeol scowled, *Thanks for your opinion…*

You gracefully left the stage with L, taking the pleasure of escorting you off the stage. It was only fair since he missed out.

“Good work Infinite!” Director Kim satisfactorily grinned at them. “You too ~~~~~~-shi.”

You bowed, “Thank you.”

“Your piano playing is so awesome!” Sungjong came up to you and hugged you. “Sounded like a pro!”

Sungyeol and Woohyun saw your body slightly stiffen.

“Thanks Sungjong,” you gave him a slightly tense smile. “I should go change.”

“~~~~~-shi!” Tablo came up to you. “I loved your piano playing.”

You nodded and thanked him. He thanked you for being such a wonderful and understanding person and being a replacement.

“Would you like to join us for dinner?” Mithra chimed in. “As a proper thank you.”

You looked at the time, *Carmen wouldn’t mind if I came a bit late, she ditched me first.* You nodded then went to change.

Infinite were waiting for you in their rainbow coloured jeans ensemble. You personally liked the yellow ones that Sungyeol was wearing.

“Let’s go!” Dongwoo bursted out laughing and ran to the van.

You laughed quietly at his silliness and hopped in next to L and Sungjong.

--------

:)