Promise

You're My Melody

You came to a middle-class barbeque restaurant. It was empty as Woolim Entertainment had booked it out for the rest of the night. You and Infinite sat on the right end of the long table while Director Kim, Infinite’s manager and other staff sat on the left end of the table. You sat in between Dongwoo and Sungyeol.

“Order whatever you guys want to eat!” the director hollered from the other end of the table. “No alcohol!”

Infinite pumped their fists in the air excitedl and started to order all kinds of meat and other stuff to eat. You just stared into space, letting the guys choose what to eat first. You weren’t particular fussy with what you ate, as long as it was edible.

“What do you want to eat ~~~~~-shi?” Sungyeol politely handed you a menu.

“You can choose first, I’ll eat whatever you cook on the grill,” you casually gave him a smile. “It’s just ~~~~~, you’re older anyway.”

Sungyeol beamed as he dropped the formalities. *I’m so not used to using formal language with her.*

Dongwoo started to play with the meat on the grill and ate it all. He placed meat from the grill that Woohyun was cooking at on your plate and also stole some vegetables off Sungjong.

“Hyung! Eat your own vegetables!” Sungjong whined.

“Not for me! For ~~~~~~!” Dongwoo gave you a goofy smile. “Eat a lot!”

*Haven’t eaten Korean food in a while… I miss mum’s cooking* you looked at the food then started to eat.

Dongwoo put more food on your plate as soon as you had eaten everything. Sungyeol didn’t want to lose so he also put some other kinds of meat on your plate.

Woohyun received a message from Carmen.

How’s she going? Are you taking care of her properly? If she isn’t then all my efforts are going down the drain! Nam Woohyun! Reply asap!

Woohyun just rolled his eyes at the last bit of the text message. *That woman…* He replied straight away:

She’ fine. Stop being such a mother. Dongwoo is taking all my meat and feeding ~~~~~ with it and Sungyeol is taking care of her like when we were little.

He sent the message then went back to cooking more meat since he saw Dongwoo taking the rest of it for you. Carmen texted him back straight away saying that she had just arrived home and brought in ~~~~~~’s luggage. She said she would text you that she was home now and for you to come home.

Your phone rang at that moment.

~~~~~~! I’m home from work now! Come home so we can catch up and we can go late night shopping!

You looked at the message then stood up from your seat and grabbed your purse. You would never disobey Carmen. *She’ll be protective if I hang out with people I just met.*

“Where are you going?” Sungjong notice you getting up from your seat. “Home?”

You nodded, “My friend wants me home, she hasn’t seen me in a while.”

“Damn…” Infinite all moaned in disappointment.

You smiled apologetically then told Infinite’s manager. “I’m going now, thank you for everything today.”

“I should be the one thanking you,” Infinite’s manager smiled at you. “Give me your number so I can properly thank you.”

You hesitated then punched in your number on his phone. “Goodnight,” you bowed then said your final goodbyes to the staff and Infinite.

You headed out to the counter which was at the entrance of the shop. Luckily, people inside could not see the counter.

“I’m paying for all of them,” you brought out your card. “They’re still eating so I’ll pay extra and if it’s not enough then, the Director will take care of it.” You handed her your card, “I’ll pay 900 dollars. That should be enough for now.”

The receptionist nodded and followed your directions. She handed you the touch pad. “Signature please miss.”

You skilfully did your signature. It was similar to your mum’s. She handed you back your card and gave you a receipt. “Have a nice night, please take care.”

You nodded then walked out. You called Carmen.

“I’m on my way to your place,” you jumped in a taxi.

“I’m here waiting for you! Hurry up and come! I want to go night shopping and you need to freshen up.”

You giggled, “Yeah, I probably do need to.”

“I’ll see you in a few.”

“Bye~”

You hanged up and looked outside the taxi window seeing the lights come on in the shops. *Today wasn’t that bad. I just felt like I knew some of the people in that band… Infinite. I don’t want to touch a piano again, even if it’s for a helping cause. I promised mum that I would never play one because of that incident. Sorry mum, I promise to keep this promise as well as I can.*

-----------

Ehehehe^^ quite a long chapter ~