Wait For Me

You're My Melody

Carmen was curled up into a ball, refusing any food that was given to her. She wasn't that stubborn to reject the water but that was all she had survived on for the past week and a couple of days. Her cell was small, private cell that was only for her only.

Iris came to visit her, receiving orders from HQ. She peered into your cell, seeing Carmen all weak and vulnerable was something that even she could pity. "Carmen."

Carmen knew it was Iris by the sound of her voice. She didn't respond but Iris knew she had acknowledged her presence.

"I have received orders from our HQ," she started. She squatted down to become levelled with Carmen. "I think you will be pleased by your sentence," Carmen heard the hint of a smile in her voice.

Carmen looked up from her arms, her vision slightly blurred. She saw Iris, "What?"

Iris chuckled at her hostility, "We want you to be in charge of our IT team at HQ." Iris's eyes sparkled in the faint light.

Carmen looked at her, half surprised and the other thinking she was lying. "You're lying."

"I'm not, here, look at this," Iris handed a sheet of paper to Carmen. It was a letter from the director of CIA himself, asking Carmen to join the team. "This is the only way you won't get a sentence by the government. You can join us or receive your dreadful sentence. It's up to you. But I'm sure you will join us. We could use a hacker like yourself to improve the cyber security."

Carmen just looked at the form stunned. "So there's no strings attached?" Carmen raised an eyebrow at Iris.

"There is one which I think you will be happy about," Iris looked at Carmen straight in the eye. "You cannot go out in public. We will provide you a separate apartment near our HQ. You can go visit your friends but you will need special permission from the director."

*If I can still see ~~~~ then that's all I need to hear.* Carmen stuck out her hand through the bars towards Iris. "Count me in."

 

"~~~~~?!" Sungyeol had arrived at your empty house. "~~~~~?!" he searched your house but you were no where to be found. "Where is she?"

You were out, realising you needed to get on with you life. You were at the SME building, finalising the outfits for Shinee. The Shinee members were also there, trying them on while you made little adjustments here and there. You had a serious expression on your face, determined.

Key had heard from Woohyun the situation you were in. He also explained to the other coordinators about your absence and just to get the outfits done before you came.

You were helping him with his outfit, well it was his turn; last. Everything was going as planned and you were focused until the end. You were concentrating on pinning up some loose places on Key's outfit, extra careful so you wouldn't prick him. You also cut some loose strings here and there.

"~~~~?" Key looked at you work your magic.

You glanced at him then went back to pinning a place on his outfit.

"Coffee after this?" he smiled at you charmingly. *I need to talk to her. I haven't really been able to since the events and I need to tell her something before she realises…*

"Sure, I owe you one anyway," you meekly smiled at him.

"Cool," Key nodded while smiling.

Your phone rang in your pocket. You glanced down at it, hesitating if you should check it. It was a call otherwise it would vibrate continuously so it meant it was a message. *If I look at it, I won't look as professional as I seem. People are still on edge about my recent absences.*

"You can get that you know, you're still a human and we need to be socially active," Key was watching you. "Look at that noona, she's on her phone and nobody cares ~~~~-ah. I'll cover you if something happens."

You nodded slowly then fished out your phone. You looked at it and you realised that it wasn't just a message, there was at least 15 messages left by the one and only Sungyeol.

~~~~~! Where are you?

Why aren't you at home?

Call me!

Answer your phone!

I came early and I couldn't find you.

Why aren't you answering my texts?

If you don't answer them I'm going to call the police to come looking for you!

YAH! PICK UP YOUR PHONE!

Please pick up… I'm worried about you…

You looked through each one and your heart skipped a beat at each worrying message. *Oppa…* You texted back saying…

Oppa, I'm fine. Stop spamming me. I'm at SME working for once.

I'll explain later. See you at home.

I'll be finished before 9pm.

Thank you oppa :)

"What does it say?" Key tried to peek but you shoved it back in your pocket. "Nothing," you beamed at him and doubled your working speed. Still being picky but fixing it as quickly as you could. *Wait for me oppa…*

----------------------

Announcement!

I'm going to finish this fic very soon :(

Sorry guys ><

I'll keep you posted!

<33333