Under Arrest

You're My Melody

"Miss Carmen," the lady stepped forward. "I'm from the technological disturbances division of the CIA. You all can call me Iris."

Carmen was on the floor with her head down. "I was supposed to help ~~~~~'s memories come back… how can I when I'm about to be-" her voice cracked as she blinked her tears away.

"As Miss Carmen already knows, she's broken a lot of laws. She also tried to hide her IP address from being traced back to her by erasing all of her activity each time she did some sort of cyber activity," Iris stared at Carmen.

"T-This must b-be a m-mistake!" you walked up to Iris. "Carmen's -"

"How do you explain this?" Iris pushed a piece of paper which stated Carmen's IP address and laws that she had broken into your face.

*She doesn't have to be rude.* Sungyeol snatched the paper which Iris held and put an arm around your waist. "It's true. I'm curious, how did you find out her IP?"

"We were following her computer's activities for a while now, but whenever we tried to come and intercept her signals, she would vanish without a trace. Even our best hacker at the CIA HQ wasn't able to track her IP. This time, we got lucky. She made a loop hole when a certain security guard called 119," Iris smirked down at Carmen. "We finally caught you."

"I don't understand," you looked at Carmen. "I never knew that you were hacking and nevertheless doing other things. What else did you do?"

Woohyun stepped in, "The first day, she couldn't pick you up because she was too busy trying to hack into some traffic lights. That was when Tablo and Mithra hyung found out that the pianist for our concert couldn't make it. It was all timing, of course you stepped in and asked to help, Carmen planned everything to an extent that even your 'hidden talent' would be used."

"I-is that all?" your voice came out only as a whisper.

"Music Core and other things to make Infinite become close to you again. The concert serenade was also to help regain your memories. You experienced something similar but instead DBSK sunbaenims serenaded you instead. That's what helped Sungyeol become an idol. He wanted to serenade you," Woohyun smiled slightly. "Also Carmen coming to the dinner was planned as well."

"So all this time, everything was planned out?" your head was down.

"More or less," Woohyun said carefully.

"Are you another one of my childhood friends?"

"We all are," Dongwoo stepped in this time. "We all loved you very much, but of course Woohyun and Sungyeol knew you first."

"Oh… I see…" you couldn't talk anymore. Your throat was clogging up with something invisible.

"Back to me," Iris glared at the members for excluding her in the conversation that just took place. "I'm putting Miss Carmen under arrest until further notice." She pulled out a pair of handcuffs from her back pocket. She walked over to Carmen when Woohyun blocked her.

"M-may I p-please do it?" he held out his hand, tears welling in his eyes also. "She's someone dear to me."

"Alright, but not funny business, I will check," Iris handed over the handcuffs to Woohyun.

"Thank you," Woohyun breathed and kneeled down next to Carmen. "I'm so sorry baby."

"I'm fine oppa, just get it over and done with," Carmen mumbled.

Woohyun cuffed your hands together, Infinite just standing on the side lines watching the sentimental scene. Sungyeol supported you, keeping you from falling and bursting into tears.

"Let's go!" Iris grabbed Carmen's shoulder and pulled her off the floor. "We'll contact you when we get things sorted," Iris looked at Woohyun. "We have your number so don't bother giving it to us. Goodbye," Iris led Carmen out the door, that was when your legs gave way and you burst into tears.

"CARMEN!" you screamed out, reaching for her with blurry vision.

Carmen cried silently, walking out of the apartment, out of your sight.

"CARMEN!!! MIN-AH!!!" you yelled over and over again.

"~~~~…" Infinite just watched you cry. They had their own tears in their eyes, hearts squeezing in pain as they lost someone close to them.

"~~~~," Sungyeol gathered you into his arms and rocked you from side to side. He comforted you, telling you everything would be okay. That he would do anything in his power to get Carmen back to you. "I'll even give up being an idol for you…"

Everything and everyone became quiet instantly as Infinite looked at Sungyeol with surprised eyes.

---------------------

:(