YAK SOK

The Melody of a Possibility

Previous Chapter

Boa’s POV

“What are you doing here?...lets go or we’ll be late for the field trip.” He said in a hurried tone.

Oh right…Changmin was here….but why can’t I stopped thinking about Jaejoong?....are we friends???

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 Boa’s POV 

We arrived to the lake. The professor began explaining about different living beings in this ecosystem and other things that I really didn’t care about. So I just started looking around.
 

I saw Jaejoong moving away from the group and walking towards the woods.

As soon as I saw him I remembered what he told me, “You see?...we are friends..”

I smiled at that memory.

For some unknown reason, I really tried to figure it out…but I couldn’t, I followed him.

He stopped by a chapel at the other side of the lake. The door was opened and he entered.

I followed him inside the chapel.

There was a piano. He turned and looked at me. I gasped.

He smiled, sat in the bench and started playing.

He played beautifully. It was the first time I heard him play and it was the most incredible melody I had ever heard.

He was smiling through the whole song and I just stood there in silence looking at his glowing image.

When he finished playing he came to me, grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a hug.

“I also have a sad memory” he said with a sad voice. “A sad story to tell…”

I was so surprised by the hug…but my heart felt sad for him.

“Music…. hurts when it is used against you…” he paused. “But it was the only thing that helped me continue living…playing music and singing…”

“I just can’t” I interrupted him.

We remained silence just looking at each other for a long time. 

Suddenly he walked outside. “Then….I will start.”……..he sat on the stairs at the entrance of the chapel. “When I was in my previous school I suffered a lot…that is why I changed schools.” He said.

I sat there with him.

He told me his story. It was really sad. He told me about Hyori and her brother.

How his mother had to quit her job in his old school because of this problem and without the extra money she had to close the big dance studio at his house and open a smaller one. 

While he was talking I could feel his pain. I could see into his soul when I looked into his beautiful and sad eyes, and I tried to comfort him as much as I could.We didn’t need to hold hands or hug each other.

Our minds, hearts and souls were connected in that moment just by looking at each others eyes.

We stayed connected even as I told him all about my past and present nightmares.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

We remained there, now looking at the lake. We had let everything out.

For the first time I had told someone about what happened to me. Not even Yunho knew about this, not the way I had confided in her.

I felt her understanding at every moment and I tried to give back the same support when she told me her story.

All of the sudden a burst of wind surrounded us bringing a bunch of leaves from the tress. We stayed in silence looking at them.

When they reached the floor, the wind made them flutter like a whirlwind. After ‘fighting’ with each other the wind raised them up and they flew away.

“The past was hurtful….but will you let your past fly away like these leaves?” I asked her.

“It’s not that easy…I’m afraid.” She said looking at the flying leaves.

“Don’t be afraid and start anew, I’ll be there to protect you… because I understand you.”

She didn’t say a word and just looked at the trees.

Abruptly she raised her pinky.

“Will you promise me ……oppa..?”…she said the last word with fear, but at the same time with hope in her voice.

“That you will be by my side and help me forget?”

I raised my pinky…I wanted to protect her…she had to start anew….I had too.

“Yak sok (Promise) Dong-saeng”

“Yak sok…oppa.” still scared of calling me like that.

We stood there for a long time.

When we returned to the group...we received strange looks, mostly by Heebon and Changmin, but nobody say a thing.

While Boa was walking with the rest of our classmates, I walked behind the group smiling. I felt relieved, like the great weight that I had been carrying on my shoulders had vanished.  Thanks Boa…thanks Dong-saeng…but the wounds are not still closed.

End of POV