Should I go???

The Melody of a Possibility

Boa’s POV

I entered the art room and all the students there seemed to be in their own worlds painting with beautiful colors…..

I silently approached Seulgi…..my new ´teacher´

She was really talented in art and Yoochun convinced her to teach me more about drawing human shape

since he liked to paint landscapes more than people.

She gladly accepted so I have been improving my art skills so the clothes don’t seem to be worn by MONSTERS….

as Junsu called them when he saw my drafts…..

“Hey Boa, let´s go outside….”

We went outside and she showed me her precious book with drawings of many people and faces….

She was really talented!

We started drawing some drafts in which I put some clothes that I would like to make….until…

“Hi Yoochun. What are those papers?” She asked him.

“Oh!...the teacher gave me these university brochures… he wants me to give them to all the class…”

“Great!...Let me see….” She said and he gave her some of them.

“OH OH!....Look!...This university is awesome….it is focused in art and music!” Seulgi said excitedly.

“Let me see, let me see!” Yoochun said and sat beside her....

I sighed. It was our last year at school and everyone was worried about choosing a good university…..

Suddenly Changmin popped into my head.

 

FLASHBACK

“Hey Changmin!” I said sitting next to him.

“Hey Boa, what´s up?” He said in perfect English, making me giggle.

“Nothing, just wondering if you will go to the concert this weekend.”

“Oh…the concert...yes…yes…Yunho told me…I will go..” he said smiling.

“What are you reading?” I said looking at the book in his hands.

“It is a medicine book….my cousin gave it to me.”

“But…..it is in English….” I said.

I liked English…but reading a MEDICINE BOOK IN ENGLISH was a totally different thing!

He laughed.

“It´s ok….As you know I always loved English and being in America these past months has helped me improve it even more.”

“That is really great!.....I would like to improve my English too….in school the teacher !”

“Yeah…..” he smiled. “…but I can help you…”

Suddenly a paper fell from the book.

I picked it.

It had a beautiful picture of a BIG university.

“Close your mouth or a fly will enter….” He said grinning.

“Shut up! It is just that this university is so beautiful….” I said slapping him in the arm.

“Yep….I will study there….just like my cousin…”

“You will be an amazing doctor Changmin!” I said excitedly.

“Thanks….luckily my cousin has helped me get a scholarship to enter….”

“Did you already enter?” 

“OF COURSE! With a brain like mine…and my contacts….” He said proudly.

Aish! This kid! Since when did he turn out like that!

“Yes, yes Changmin….he is now the most famous oppa!” I said laughing.

But on the contrary he only looked at me curiously.

“What?” I asked confused.

“What did you call me?”

“Umm……the most famous oppa?” I didn’t remember saying other thing….

He smiled. Ok that was weird.

“So….what are you going to study?” he suddenly spoke….thanks for breaking the awkward moment.

“I was thinking on fashion design….”

“Oh….yes…I see you have changed your style….”

“Yes….well Jae´s aunt is a designer….she has been helping a lot.”

“Oh…so you plan to study here?”

“Umm…..yes….” I answered unsure.

I was going to study here….I had never thought of study abroad.

“Well…I see you are not so sure…but you are very talented to just remain here…

I heard that for fashion design the best places to study are London and Paris…”

“Yes , yes….Jae´s aunt told me she studied in London…!” I said happily.

“Then…..maybe I can help you find information about some universities there….” He said smiling.

“Yeah sure…..” I had nothing to loose looking for some information, no?

END OF FLASHBACK

 

“Boa….this university looks really good…..both of us think we would probably study there.”

Yoochun said showing me the brochure.

“Yes….it looks good…”

“You don’t seem so interesting in this one…..are you planning to go to another university?” Seulgi asked me.

“OH! Changmin told me you were looking for information about a university in London….”

AH? Why did Changmin tell him?
 

“Ah….yes….just looking for some options….but this one seems really good too…” I said pointing to the brochure.

“But that is great Boa!!!.....London is a really famous city and there are many designers there.”

Seulgi said in a cheering tone.

I smiled. “Yes….I know….it is a great place….” Both of them seemed more excited than me for studying abroad……

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“Boa, are you alright?” Jae asked me with a concerned look.

Lately I have been spacing out.

´Yes, I have found a scholarship in London for fashion design, Boa. It is great! I will send you all the information!´

A scholarship to study in London…..

Changmin told me all the benefits of studying abroad….his own experience…..

how I can learn new things and meet new people….always praising my talent in design…that I don’t even know if I have……

I have also talked to Jae´s aunt about her studies and she really enjoyed her experience in London……

“BOA??!!”

“What? What is going on?” I asked coming back to reality.

“I don´t know what’s going on…..with you…lately you are like always lost on your thoughts….if you have a problem just tell me.”

Jae told me and held my hand.

I just smiled at him. He always worried about me, but maybe it wasn’t the time to talk about the scholarship.

Then we continued playing some music and we ate together.

 Nice and simple…..that was our way to have fun…and I loved it….!

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Some months have passed since Changmin told me about the scholarship.

I have been looking at the information and when my parents found the papers they seemed excited.

Jae´s aunt left to Japan, but I have been sending her some of my drafts and she liked them.

She told me to try with new styles and sent me magazines from Japan and from her friends in Paris and London.

There were amazing designs, but unluckily in Korea the trends weren’t similar.

That fact made me think a lot…..

Should I go to London to study?

End of POV