Trading with my FUTURE

The Melody of a Possibility

Boa´s POV

 

“I WON! I WON!!!!!!!....MOM, DAD, OPPA I WON, I WON THE SCHOLARSHIP!!!!” I shouted jumping all over my living room.

The letter from the university arrived and it said that I had won a scholarship and entered.

My parents came close to me and hugged me. They were so proud of me.

 

I called Changmin and told him the good news.

“Really? That is great! Boa I told you! Good luck with your studies there. Only six more months and you will be in London.”

 

“Yes! So great!..... SO SOON……..” I said the last words in a sad tone.

 

“Boa, what´s the problem?.....oh…….I know……….Jaejoong…”

 

My eyes started to get teary and I gulped.

“Changmin, I gotta go. Bye” I hung up before he could even say goodbye.

 

But I was more concerned about my problem…….HOW I WAS SUPPOSED TO TELL JAEJOONG ABOUT IT……?

 

All this time I was hoping to win, but I wasn´t sure, so I just prepared myself to study here in the same university as Jaejoong.

Since the exams for the scholarship ended, I fully concentrated in music, my family, and my friends and of course my boyfriend…..

but now…….

I hadn’t realized until now…….everything I was going to leave behind……

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Jaejoong´s POV

 

Yes! Only three more months and we will be out of school!

I relaxed so much when Boa told me she was going to study in the same university as me.

She seemed so happy and she had spent so much time with me….no more talking for hours with Changmin…..finally!

 

“Boa! Let´s go! Yoochun and Junsu are waiting.”

“OK! I´m ready!” she said smiling.

We went to visit our future university.

“WOW! IT’S SO BIG!” a squeaky voice said.

“Shut up Junsu, you make too much noise.” Yoochun said covering Junsu´s mouth.

 

Well, in fact it was an impressive university. It was everything related to art and music.

Junsu just came to accompany us, because he is going to study in other university.

 

“It´s beautiful, Jae….don’t you think?” Boa suddenly asked me from behind.

I turned around and saw a painting.

It had a big star in the top that shone above a piano.

I hugged her from behind.

“Yes, it´s beautiful…… just like us, you're the star that lights my life.” I said pointing the piano.

 

She smiled.

I loved her smiled, it made me so happy.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“Impressive no?” I asked her while we were leaving the university.

“Yes….” She said looking to the sky and sighed.

“Are you ok?” I asked concerned.

“Jae…..why do you want to be a songwriter?” she suddenly asked me with a curious face.

“Because I can express my feelings writing songs….even if I think you would get tired of it someday….

every word and every image, creates new emotions in my heart that makes me write.”

“So…do you want to be the best songwriter?”

I sighed.  THE BEST………..that world involved too much pressure…..

“No, I just want to give THE BEST of me……..if I can’t be the best, at least I will know I put all my effort in it….”

 

 

Boa’s POV

 

I smiled at his words….

He was always an inspiration to me…

Everything he went through was so terrible…but he helped anyways to overcome my own fears…

Maybe I didn’t really have to go….I could put all my effort here……

And we could face everything together………

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

I reached home and lay on my bed.

´Just like us, you're the star that lights my life´

I sighed.

What Jae told me was so romantic.

He always repeated to me that I was his star. And I wanted to be with him.

To give the best of me here………but the problem was to tell the news to my parents.

 

“Dad, mom, can I talk to you?” I said walking into the living room.

They nodded smiling.

I sat on the couch and sighed.

“Tell us Boa, what is bothering you?” my mother asked me in a soft tone.

“Well, I have been thinking about London the last days…..and I…..I….I don’t want to go…..” I said almost whispering.

 

“What? YOU DON’T WANT TO GO?!” my father suddenly stood up and shouted.

I started panicking.

“It´s just that I…..well Jae….you…” I couldn’t organize my words…..but what I was really trying to say….?

“You are going to give up your dream?....all the effort you have put in order to win the scholarship?” my mother said.

I sighed again.

“It´s not that…..I want to stay, because…..”

“Because of Jaejoong?” my father suddenly asked me.

I bit my lip. Yes, I wanted to stay because of him…but also for me……….

My father looked at me directly to the eyes.

“Boa, your life is more than a boyfriend. You are a complete person with your own dreams.

After all the effort you have put to study abroad, you are going to give up just like that.

I´m really disappointed. But it’s your decision, do what you think is best for you.” He said and left the room.

I lowered my head. My tears starting to flow.

 

All the effort I had put…..all the effort……..I gave the best of me to be able to study there…

And when I finally did it I just…………

Everything was so complicated……..

My mom approached me and caressed my head.

 

“Yes sweetie, is your decision. You know that we will support you in whatever you decide.” She ended and hugged me.

Whatever I decided………..

For me it was important to win the experience and be able to study in other country, to learn more about design….

to receive a better education………

 

“But Jae…..” I started crying.

“If he loves you, he will understand you.” She said wiping my tears.

Future kept chasing me and I had to make a decision……..again…….

 

End of POV