A whole NEW WORLD

The Melody of a Possibility

(A/N) This is going to be a long chapter, but it is very meaningful.....hope you enjoy it!

...............................................................................................................................................................

Previous Chapter

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

She looked to piano keys as she needed time to understand or to prepare herself…… and then she looked to my eyes…..and I felt it…the same connection…like the first day we met…..like when I told her about my past….that connection that only both of us can have….and I started playing again….

Then I heard her voice….it was beautiful….more beautiful that the first time I heard her sing…..

I was smiling….this can really work….we were here…she was singing….singing with me…..she seemed so excited, she was singing this song…..like if she was the princess….

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

NO ONE POV

The days have passed. Today was the day…..the day that they have been waiting for. The day they would sing in front of their classmates…the day that represented all their effort….

“I can´t believe we’re going to sing in the auditorium…”  Boa nervously said.

“Relax Boa…..remember the stage is where you belong.” Jaejoong said calmly.

“Ok….next is Kwon Boa and Kim Jaejoong.” Teacher Jang said.

They went to the stage. Boa grabbed her microphone and Jaejoong sat on the bench and started playing.

 

Boa´s POV

Jaejoong is already playing and singing. I must relax…..but why is everybody paying attention…they normally don’t care about my presentation…..

Heebon is already making fun of me….

Yunho is smiling like crazy….

Changmin…..he has been avoiding me lately….

Eun-hye and Yoochun are looking at me and cheering….

But I can’t do it…..my heart is racing…..

“It´s your turn Boa…don’t give up” Jaejoong said softly when he noticed that I didn’t sing my part.

“But I can´t do it….not in front of them….I can only sing in front of you.” I murmured him.

He held my hand, put the microphones aside and made me sat beside him.

“Like the first time remember?….only look at me….we are the only ones here.”

I just breathed…..and looked at him.

Through my pleading eyes, I asked him not to leave me alone in this….

He just smiled and started playing again.

With that simple action I knew he wouldn’t let me fall.

Like the first time…only him and me…

The soft melody…and our voices……

Our hearts, minds and souls were connected once again…..

I had also promised I won’t let us down… here I come…..

I started singing....with all my strength and passion.

“A whole new world, a dazzling place…..”

 

NO ONE POV

All of their classmates gasped and stayed dumbfounded looking at them…..

Their voices were amazing……her voice……

No one expected to hear that voice again…..

Like four years ago…..when Boa was a happy girl that kept singing all day long.

The minds of their closest friends were full of comments….this was definitely an event that no one would ever forget.

Changmin: ‘So you finally can sing again Boa….all thanks to him…..how I wish that you could have opened your heart to me like this…to help you like I always do. But above all, I’m happy for you ….live happily from now on.’

 

Yunho: ‘ Jae is a genius…he made it!.....that girl can actually sing again….and she is smiling….jaja…I hope she keeps being happy…so she stops hitting people…especially me.’

 

Yoochun: ‘Boa, all your hard work, I can see it now…it´s like your artistic side has reborn…’

 

Eun-hye: ‘Boa unnie!....yes! I knew you could do it!…and you look so sweet with Jaejoong…maybe both of you should be a real couple…not only oppa-dong saeng….jeje’

 

But on the other side….Heebon´s mind was totally unpleasant 

‘So you got over it….finally!.....you were so dumb to be so traumatized all these years…..you got on my way again this year….like with Siwon….but this time you…won???’

 

Teacher Jang was very pleased with their performance too. She knew Boa since she was a kid and has seen all her hard work to sing better each time. Boa always had that natural talent, but one day she just stopped singing as if she was scared of something….

 

Since day one Teacher Jang supported the idea that Boa and Jaejoong stayed as  partners and she constantly talked to Jaejoong to know about Boa‘s progress… now she was like a proud mother looking at her daughter getting up from a failure.   

 

When they finished their presentation they stayed there. They smiled at each other….they finally accomplished their first goal.

“Just like the first time...” he said softly.

“Not really...” she giggled “There is no a video camera…”

He started laughing shyly and pointed to the side of the stage.

 

FLASHBACK

Boa´s POV

After playing the song together for the first time, I just kept staring at him.

“You see?...you can do it….and you sang beautifully.” Jaejoong said to me.

I just smiled.

“Thanks…..we will do it very good….I won’t let us down in this project…FIGHTING!” I said excited.

Then the evil grin appeared again on his face…..

“So that means that you are willing to practice hard….”

I sighed and said “OK….whatever you say….you are the expert…..”

Then I noticed  a red light from near the window. I stood up and went to look.

When I reached the place I saw….a video camera? 

“It´s mine…..we will use it to practice….” He said smiling. He grabbed his video camera and went to the piano.

I was confused for a moment…and then I realized what had just happened….

“YOU RECORDED US SINGING?!?!?!?!”

He started laughing like crazy while I was trying to snatch the camera, but he stood up.

Since I’m shorter I couldn’t reach it, so I decided to leave angrily.

“Where you are going?...you promised you would work hard…I recorded you.”

I turned around and gave him the angriest look I could give anyone.

“IS THAT THE ONLY METHOD YOU KNOW TO CONVICE ME!?!?!?!’”

He just shrugged and smiled sweetly…..why I can´t say no to that smile?

 

END OF FLASHBACK.

 

Boa’s POV

I smiled at that memory and here we were…..we have successfully ended our presentation.

But HE RECORDED US AGAIN????

I looked at him.

“JAEJOONG!....YOU RECORDED US AGAIN??!!” I yelled.

“Shhh Boa…..everyone is looking……don’t complain now.” He said in a low voice.

I turned around and saw the questioning faces of my classmates and started blushing madly.

“Excellent job!  Congratulations to both of you.” Teacher Jang broke the silence after my scary shout.

She came close to us with a smiling face.

“I will see you after class in the music room; I have a surprise for both of you.”

I nodded shyly, but Jaejoong seemed excited, like he knew something.

Unluckily for me when I was about to ask him about that, everybody came to congratulate us and I just had to smile and render thanks.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

Jaejoong’s POV

Now I can really tell that Boa is the most amazing female singer I have ever met, and also that she gets angry really easily.

During our time practicing I can’t really count how many times she had hit me or yelled at me…but that made me want to bother her more….it was funny.

And our day arrived and she did it as I expected….she shone like the star she is….afraid at first….but she made it…..

And now the other surprise!....with teacher Jang’s help we will sing in our first singing competition together…I’m so excited!...we will win.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

In the music room

 

Boa’s POV

“WHAT??!!” I hoped I heard the wrong thing….. “A SINGING COMPETITION?? 

“Yes Boa, after I heard you sing, I know you are prepared for competing.” Teacher Jang told me.

Jaejoong just nodded.

But….WHAT??....A COMPETITION!?!?!.....it’s the first time I sing in front of an audience in 4 years and now a COMPETITITON!?

THEY ARE CRAZY…..oh right….I already knew Jaejoong was crazy…..

But what is going on with teacher Jang?

“NO!....I won’t participate sorry…” I apologized.

“Come on Boa, you sing very good….the competition is inside the school, only for students. I will sing with you.” Jaejoong encouraged me and teacher Jang’s smile grew bigger.

“But I….”

“You must accept dear….I already arranged for you to represent your classroom.”

WHAT???!!!!??

I just wanted this day to end with a successful presentation for my music project but now….THIS!!!!

“So it’s a yes, right Boa?” Jaejoong said happily.

I just sighed.

“Very well then, you have to start practicing, the competition is next week. Choose a song wisely and let me know. ” With that teacher Jang left the room.

The competition is next week….I guess I have to practice hard…..Wait!.....NEXT WEEK???

“KIM JAEJOONG YOU ARE SO DEAD!” I yelled at him as soon as I cleared my mind.

He just smiled and said in a low voice…. “Where did I leave my camera this time?”

“YAH!” I yelled again and started hitting him.

He stood up and started running around the music instruments; while I was chasing him, furious and yelling like crazy…..I guess he is not the only one that has lost his mind….

End of POV