BATTLE 8

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No matter how painful Na Mi’s words were, she was right. It really was my fault Sung Min was in this situation where his closest peers were mad at him. And somehow, I knew I had to do something about it, not just watching.

I ran over to the scene and attempted to stop the players from pushing and shoving Sung Min by pulling their arms with all my might. “Yah! Stop it!” I exclaimed loudly as I did. Unfortunately, you couldn’t expect a girl like me to succeed in a situation like this, could you? and so, I ended up being pushed back hard.

I almost thought I was going to fall flat on my after one of those guys pushed me, but to my surprise, someone actually managed to catch me before I completely lost balance. I turned and checked who it was. It was Kyu Hyun and he didn’t look very happy though he didn’t seem mad either.

“If you’re going to continue stopping them that way, I don’t think you’re going to succeed.” He commented.

He was right, I agreed. I had to think of another way to stop them. Maybe it was time for me to stop this by telling the truth. However, if I did that, everyone would get mad at me instead. But then again, it really was my fault so Sung Min didn’t deserve to be the one to take the blame. I shouldn’t have gotten him into this mess.

“Listen, everybody, I have something to say!” I finally shouted, hoping everyone would turn to me. Sadly, no one even glanced at me. They continued to focus on Sung Min and his angry teammates. I cleared my throat as I decided to shout again, this time even louder than before.

But before I could say anything again, a shout suddenly filled the whole place. “Yah!”

Everyone, even me, upon hearing it, turned towards the origin of the voice, which was from the bench. Dong Hae was already standing with the serious expression still on his face. when the pople saw him, silence filled the air. Even his angry teammates stopped. Soon, he was walking towards them. And when he got there, he removed his teammates’ hands from Sung Min’s clothes.

“What do you think you’re doing? Don’t you know who you’re touching? He’s Sung Min, our captain.” He spoke in a clam but firm tone.

“He doesn’t deserve to be called our captain after what he did!” one of his teammates remarked. “We almost lost because of his foolishness.”

Dong Hae’s eyebrow went up. “Are you serious?” he asked in a sort of sarcastic tone. “Tell me, was there ever a game we played where we were confident in winning? Our opponents are unpredictable, they might play well or bad in a game.”

T he one who spoke earlier couldn’t answer now. And so, Dong Hae continued. “You can’t blame Sung Min for this. You and I, we chose him to be our captain. When we did that, we implied that we trust him, whatever he does. And that’s why I didn’t stand up during the game. If Sung Min thinks I shouldn’t play, then I’ll follow him. So if you have any problems with Sung Min, then you have problems with me too.”

After what Dong Hae said, his teammates started backing away from Sung Min. With their heads down, they left the court. As soon as they were gone, Sung Min placed his hand on Dong Hae’s right shoulder. “Thanks for doing that.” He exclaimed gratefully.

Suddenly, Dong Hae frowned at Sung min. “Why didn’t you let me play?” he complained, causing Sung Min to be shocked. By this time, the noise of the people had finally come alive again.

“That is…” Sung Min started, unaware of what to say. But then, he smiled at him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter