BATTLE 30

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, something was definitely wrong with Dong Hae. For the past few years, he had always managed to irritate me by his actions, but whenever he did those things, he didn’t seem mad at me. in fact, he seemed to enjoy every minute of it. However, when he asked me to stay away from him, for some reason, he seemed mad at me. But what I couldn’t figure out was why.

After Dong Hae left me, I remained in my seat, unaware of how I should react. But before I could decided, Na Mi suddenly entered the cafeteria and started approaching me with her forehead furrowed. And somehow, I had a feeling I knew what she was going to say.

“Okay, what did you do?” she asked accusingly as she took a seat across from me.

I tried to distract her by shifting the focus on her. “How did you know that something wrong happened?” I asked her suspiciously. “It’s either you have an extremely sharp timing, or you didn’t realy leave with Eun Hyuk but actually spied on us.”

“What are you talking about? Dong Hae called Eun Hyuk just as we were about to start a conversation.” She replied with a frown. Then she got back to interrogating me about what happened (So much for a topic change). “So, what happened? Did you perhaps shouted at him?”

I frowned back at her. “Yah, what kind of friend are you? you’re supposed to be on my side.” I reminded her.

“I know. Why do you think I want you to win the battles? I’m not the one who’s going to benefit when you end up winning, am I? It’s you. I know that you’d be really happy when that happens that’s why I’m helping you.” she remarked defensively.

“Okay, so you are on my side. But why do you always have the idea that I’m the one at fault whenever something like this happens? Why can’t you consider how extremely mean Dong Hae has been lately?” I complained as I took a sip from my glass of water.

She raised her eyebrow at me. “Extremely mean? What do you mean?” she asked as if I just said aliens were really existing.

I raised my eyebrow back at her. How could she easily forget what happened yesterday? “He walked out on me again, just when I was trying hard to be nice to him. so what if I made a few white lies? It’s not as if he never lies.” I let out with a sigh. “And why is he so mad at me? I’m just simply trying to befriend him right now and he’s acting like I’m already succeeding in our plan. You know what, I think we should just forget it. It’s hopeless anyway.”

“What? No, we should go on because it’s a perfect plan. So what if it didn’t work out twice. It’ll work out next time.” She suddenly replied with widened eyes.

“No, it wouldn’t. he really doesn’t like me, Na Mi. he already said so. And he wants me to stay away from him. I don’t know about you, but that really hurt my pride. I don’t want to hear him say that to me again.” I told her as I remembered Dong Hae’s words. Even though I hated him, it still hurt me the way he just treated me like a beggar who he just shooed away.

Suddenly, Na Mi’s face brightened and sat straighter. “Ji Na ah,” she remarked in an excited tone. “What if I told you I have an idea on why Dong Hae’s treating you that way?”

“And how would you get that idea?” I asked her, not hiding my skeptical tone. I doubted that she learned it from Eun Hyuk because from what I remembered, Dong Hae didn’t even tell Eun Hyuk about how he stole Kyu Hyun’s roses for me so it was a big possibility that Dong Hae didn’t tell him about how he felt towards me.

“Well, I just got the idea after Eun Hyuk told me that when Dong Hae came back after he went somewhere with you the day after Valentines, he wasn’t himself for quite some time. And because of that, I formulated a theory. I think that Dong Hae’s pushing you away because he must’ve realized that you really like Kyu Hyun. He probably thought that he should give you up because you didn’t like him at all, and it was Kyu Hyun you liked instead.”

I just had to laugh at what she said. I couldn’t help it, it sounded like a joke. “Are we talking about the same person here? Are you seriously telling me that the Dong Hae who never failed to annoy me since kindergarten, the same Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter