BATTLE 25

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Though I had to admit I wanted to know what was up with Dong Hae, my pride would never let me ask him about it. Besides, I didn’t say I was dying to know, I was just a bit curious. But Meyka was actually concerned enough to want to ask him. “I think I’ll ask him about what’s bothering him. It’s the first time I’ve seen him like that.” She said, her forehead furrowing.

“I’m sure it’s not that serious. His dog just probably died or something.” I responded sarcastically.

She looked at me with a raised brow. “How could you say that? It looks pretty serious to me.” She defended, and then grabbed my arm. “Come on, let’s ask him.”

“Why do I have to come with you? And besides, wouldn’t you seem strange if you suddenly ask him about his problem when you aren’t that close in the first place?” I tried to reason, not wanting Dong Hae to think I actually cared for him.

“Who said we weren’t close? I once played a badminton game with him, you know.” She remarked proudly, pulling me towards them. “And you to come because I know that deep down inside, you want to know the answer too.”

If I hadn’t known better, I would think she was trying to set me up with Dong Hae. But I knew that she wouldn’t do something like that because she was aware that I would never like him. And though she was pulling me right now against my will, I was sure that she was just embarrassed to talk to Dong Hae alone.

“Dong Hae ah.” She called as we neared him.

When he saw us, his expression didn’t change. “Is there a problem?” Eun Hyul spoke for him.

“That’s what I’d like to know.” Meyka replied, turning to Eun Hyuk. “Why is Dong Hae so down? Did something bad happen?”

This time, Dong Hae spoke for himself. “Why don’t you ask Ji Na? She’s the one who knows.” He said in a victim’s tone, like I did something extremely evil to him.

Because of the way he spoke, Meyka and Eun Hyuk looked at me suspiciously, as if they were asking what it was that I did to make Dong Hae that way though they didn’t say anything. “Yah! Why are you looking at me like that? I didn’t do anything.” I tried to defend myself. Then I turned to Dong hae with a frown. “Why are you blaming me for doing something I didn’t do?”

“Who said that I was blaming you? I’m just saying you know the reason.” He remarked.

Even without his smile, he was still able to maintain his being annoying. “And why would I know? It’s not like you and I have ever shared secrets.” I answered back sharply. What was up with him?!

“I guess you forgot about yesterday then.” He said, turning to Meyka and Eun Hyuk, who were clueless about what he was talking about. “She told me it was bad to smile.

Oh, so now he was trying to make me look bad? I decided to bring up the rose he stole from me to get even. “Speaking of yesterday, why did you steal the rose I got from Kyu Hyun? You were jealous, weren’t you?”

“What are you talking about?” Eun Hyuk asked, probably unaware of what Dong Hae did.

“I’m talking about your dear friend opening my locker and stealing my pink rose.” I explained to him, hoping to get him on my side. Then I shot a harsh remark at Dong Hae. “I know that you really did it, so explain why.”

He didn’t answer my question but instead threw a question at me. “Didn’t you like my present better?”

“No!” I instantly exclaimed loudly. “Why would I?”

“Why not?” he asked again. Somehow, with or without his smile, the way he sounded so irritating still didn’t change.

“Because I like Kyu Hyun.” I answered in a lowered voice than earlier. But then I remembered Meyka’s presence so I quickly added something in my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter