BATTLE 23

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Could it be possible for me to be cursed on Valentines day? I just realized that since this day began, I had nothing but bad encounters. And, okay, so maybe I was wishing for someone to give me something on this day, but why did it have to be the most egoistic guy in the whole school? It would’ve been better if he didn’t give me anything instead.

“Are you just going to sit there?” Dong Hae asked, disturbing my thoughts as I sat beside the door. “I’m going to slice the cake, you don’t want one?”

I didn’t stand up from my place. “I don’t like taking things that aren’t mine. Didn’t you say it’s Se Ri whom you like? Then that cake is definitely hers.” I remarked, bringing out my cell phone to send a message to NA Mi. I told her about the situation I was in.

“Yeah, you’re right. This cake was for her. But I can’t really give it to her when I’m stuck here with you so I might as well eat it.” He said in reply. “Are you sure you don’t like some? It’s a cheesecake.”

I didn’t know about you, but I loved cheesecakes. It was my favorite cake because it melted softly in my mouth, leaving off the taste of cheese. And usually, I couldn’t resist them when people offered them to me. It was like lasagna for Garfield. That was how I loved it. However, if I gave in to Dong Hae’s invite, that would mean I was going to declare my loss and his victory. “No thanks.” I responded forcefully, checking my cell phone for Na Mi’s reply to distract myself. She was asking me what room we were in. but I had no idea so I couldn’t answer her.

“More for me then.” He said, eating a spoonful of cake. “Mmm… it tastes good. I’ve never tasted a cheesecake as good as this.”

As he spoke, my stomach started growling in hunger. I wasn’t able to eat my food, since Kyu Hyun arrived with his roses so I rushed out of there without any bite. And what better way to satisfy my hunger than to eat my beloved cheesecake? But I really couldn’t. My pride just wouldn’t let me. So instead, I took out a mentos from my pocket and placed it in my mouth.

He took another bite. “I can’t believe you’d prefer eating a candy than this.” He said, somewhat teasingly. Then, he suddenly held out a paper plate with a slice of cake and a plastic teaspoon. “This is my last offer. Take it or leave it?”

I hated him for teasing me this way, but I hated my stomach more for not being satisfied with a mentos. Swallowing my pride, I slowly stood up and started walking towards him. Just when I was about to take it, he moved it even farther away from me. “Yah!” I complained.

“Before I give this to you, you have to answer my question truthfully first.” He spoke with that annoying smile on his face.

“What?!” I exclaimed, attempting to reach for it as he continued to keep it out of my reach.

He smiled even more upon seeing my anxiousness. But nevertheless, he asked his question. “Do you think I’m hot?”

“Are you serious? I think you know my answer to that.” I responded instantly, still continuing to reach for the slice of cake.

He still wouldn’t give me the cake even though I already answered him. “Okay, seriously, why do you hate me? It’s not like I’m doing anything bad to you.”

I checked his face on whether he was serious or not. I mean, if he was serious, then I could go on forever with my reasons, like how he broke Na Mi’s heart without any consideration and how he kept bothering me. But since I still saw that undeniable smile on his face, I decided to answer him with that. After all, it was somewhat true. “You want to know why? I’ll tell you. It’s because of your stupid smile that I hate so much.”

Since Dong Hae let his guard down on the cake to listen to my answer, I took it as a chance to snatch it away from him. And thankfully, I was successful in doing so. As soon as I got hold of the plate, I placed a spoonful in my mouth. Dong Hae wasn’t lying when he said it tasted good. Or maybe it was because of my h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter