BATTLE 21

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I woke the next morning, I didn’t feel that excited anymore. What was I to be excited for, when there was nothing going to happen to me anyway? And so, I lazily got out of bed and slowly got ready for school. In fact, I wasn’t even worried that I’d be late because the teachers were going to be lenient today.

But despite my slumping movement, I was able to reach school on time. And when I got to my locker, there was a yellow rose sticking out of one of the vent holes. Feeling very excited in finding who it could be from, my heart was beating wildly. It was a rose, after all, though it was just a symbol of friendship. And I did tell Kyu Hyun to give a yellow rose to the girl he liked, didn’t I?

Ending my suspense, I held onto the rose and checked the tag. Unfortunately, it wasn’t supposed to be mine. It was for a girl named Soo Jin, from Yesung. He probably misplaced the rose, thinking my locker was Soo Jin’s. When I learned that, I didn’t know what I was to do with the rose. I couldn’t just throw it because I was sure that the girl would get upset. Yet I couldn’t just give it to her either because I didn’t know her.

Luckily, a girl arrived at the locker next to mine. And upon opening her locker, I noticed the decorated name posted on its door was Lee Soo Jin. (Not that I was eavesdropping or anything.) I instantly faced her with a smile. “Hi, you’re Soo Jin, right?” I asked, trying not to seem to in awe by the fact that she was really pretty, with her long silky black hair and her big round eyes that complimented her pointed nose.

She smiled back to me. “Yes, that’s me. Why?” she replied in a very soft voice.

I noticed her ID showed she was a senior. “I think this belongs to you, unni.” I answered as I handed the rose to her. “I guess the person thought my locker was yours.”

“Oh, thank you.” she remarked gratefully as she checked who it was from. “Wow it’s from Yesung? And I thought he didn’t even know my name. Thank you so much for giving this to me.”

With that, she shut her locker and started walking away. And I, having solved the problem with the rose, decided to head to my first class. Reaching it, there it was again, a yellow rose on top of my desk. Seeing Na Mi was already there, I decided to ask her who was the one who placed it there.

“Did you see who put this on my table?” I asked her as I took my seat.

She shook her head but se was smiling mischievously. “Check it for yourself.” She remarked.

I picked it up and checked the tag, my heart once again beating fast in anxiety. But once again, it wasn’t from Kyu Hyun. It was from Na Mi herself. “Happy valentines day!” She greeted happily.

“Thanks.” I told her, giving her a small hug in return.

“I had to be the first one to give you a rose, since I’m the best friend.” She replied cheekily.

I raised my eyebrow at her. “What makes you think I’m going to get a rose soon?” I asked her, seeing how Kyu Hyun wasn’t giving me one.

She shrugged with a playful smile on her face. “I don’t know, but my instinct tells me that you’re going to get more than that rose I just gave you.”

“Yeah, total humiliation and disappointment.” I mumbled as I got my notebook out, seeing the teacher enter the room.

Kyu Hyun arrived late for the class. But since it was Valentines Day, the teacher didn’t scold him. In fact, she even smiled at Kyu Hyun as if she understood why he was late. And that made me feel even worse, thinking that he was late because he gave the rose to the girl he was talking about last night.

While the teacher continued discussing, the door suddenly opened. (Our room was air-conditioned, like the others in the campus.) and as it did,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter