BATTLE 45

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I could still remember the first day I spent in kindergarten. Me and my classmates were all busy coloring pictures and building undistinguishable structures in lego. Though everyone was in his own group, we were all happily minding our own business. That was until a boy who looked like someone you usually saw on TV entered our room with a smile that drew almost everyone’s attention. I, on the other hand, was annoyed at it. While everyone crowded around him with fascination, I continued coloring big bird in red. For me, he was just someone who wanted to be the center of attention so I deprived him of mine.

As you could see, I disliked him that much. And he knew that very well so he continued to provoke me. But what I was pointing out was how much I already disliked him even before the break-up issue between him and Na Mi. What more when it happened? And so, seeing my hatred, I couldn’t possibly be in love with him, could I?

Even as I reached home, I still found myself contemplating. And so, to distract myself somehow, I decided to do my homework in Physics. Our teacher asked us to do a research on newly discovered concepts in the subject so I went online and looked for it.

As I did, I checked my email. And as if Cherilyn, a friend of mine, had ESP and knew exactly what was going on in my mind, she sent me this email titled ‘Signs of Falling in Love’.

Opening the message, I read through it quickly. There were 10 signs written there. The first one was, ‘You know you’re in love if you can’t stop thinking about him.’ Thinking about him? Never did I experience that at all. That was unless plotting against him was counted, which I doubted would be.

The second one was, ‘You call him everyday to talk about nothing.’ Okay, so technically, I was doing that. But it wasn’t because I wanted to. He forced me to do it, so it was still a no.

Moving on, the next said, ‘He’s the only topic you talk about.’ Oh my God. Since when had complaining about someone become a sign of one’s infatuation? I talked about Dong Hae all the time not because I liked him but it was otherwise.

Already sure that the list was erroneous, I decided to give it one more try. The fourth one was, ‘Your heart beats wildly every time you see him or when he’s near you.’ if that was true, then I was not in love, because my heart never acted that way when I was with Dong Hae. Except for today, that is.

Closing the email, I went back to doing my research. But as I did, I still couldn’t concentrate. For some reason, what Dong Hae did earlier was stuck inside my head. I mean, he made Se Ri apologize to me, it was definitely a big deal. And how he defended me against Se Ri, it really made me wonder if he really felt that way, or if he was still teasing me, the way he always did.

Picking up the phone beside the computer, I dialed Meyka’s number for distraction. I couldn’t call Na Mi or else I’d end up thinking about Dong Hae even more with her wanting to now the details of my relationship with Dong Hae all the time. And besides, I still hadn’t really thanked Meyka for saving me earlier.

“Hello?” Meyka answered after five rings.

“Meyka, it’s Ji Na.” I replied immediately. “I just wanted to thank you for saving my back earlier.”

Meyka answered with a laugh. “Don’t mention it. You know that it was my pleasure to do that to Se Ri. If there’s someone I’ll never get tired of fighting with, it would be Se Ri.” She remarked proudly.

I suddenly remembered what she told Se Ri earlier. “But wait a minute, are you really Sung Min’s girlfriend now? You weren’t just making it up to annoy Se Ri?” I asked excited

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter