BATTLE 44

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Did I just hear Dong Hae admit that he really liked me, or was I wrong? I mean, what else could he mean by that? But why was my heart beating wildly at the thought of that? Could it be I liked him too? As I walked away, I thought about it.

Shaking my head like a fool, I ordered myself to get back to senses. Anyone would feel that way when someone said those words to her, right? But then, I didn’t feel that way when Kyu Hyun said he liked me, did I? Maybe it was just in a delayed reaction I was having after the locked-room experience.

Satisfied by my own explanation, I continued to walk towards my class after lunch. But even as I did, I still couldn’t shake off Dong Hae’s statement from my mind. How could he be so selfish not to break up with me just because he liked me? Well, it wasn’t as if I couldn’t just stay away from him. Even if we hadn’t broken up, I would stop see9ing him. Let’s just see if he still wouldn’t break up with me.

Upon entering the room, Na Mi gestured at me excitedly to take a seat beside her. And once I did, she turned to me like a child who had just seen an adult carrying a bag of candies. “How did it go?” she asked with twinkles in her eyes.

Letting out a sigh before speaking, I tried to think of the best way to tell her the truth. “Na Mi ah, there’s something you need to know.” I started in a serious tone, causing her to frown. Somehow, it seemed like she already sensed something was wrong. “I broke up with Dong Hae.”

Na Mi let out a gasp. “What?!” she exclaimed loudly, making a lot of people turn to her with curiosity. “Why did you do that?”

Luckily, before I could answer her, the bell rang and was followed by the entrance of our teacher into the room. Having no other choice, Na Mi turned to the teacher and kept silent as the teacher started with her discussion. But even though I was trying to focus on what the teacher was saying, I just couldn’t. Instead, I kept worrying about what Na Mi was going to say upon hearing my reason. And as I did, I wondered how much more time did I have until the dreadful moment.

Checking my pocket for my cell phone to know the time, I remembered that I didn’t have my cell phone and neither did I have Dong Hae’s. My cell phone was still with Dong Hae, and I left his cell phone on the table just before I walked out of the cafeteria. Remembering that, I suddenly had another problem, how could I retrieve my cell phone?

Upon realizing this problem, I found myself changing my decision once again. I could never really avoid Dong Hae I he wouldn’t agree to break up with me, could I? I mean, he had his ways. He’d definitely catch up with me even if I tried to run away from him. And besides, it wasn’t really him who was at fault. He was just the cause. It should be Se Ri who should be punished.

As soon as the bell rang, Na Mi turned to me with an angered expression. “Why did you break up with him already?” she exclaimed.

And since I already made my decision to give Dong Hae another chance, I suddenly grinned at her. “Yah, I was just kidding about that. I didn’t break up with him at all. He wouldn’t allow me to, if I did anyway.” I told her assuringly.

Once she heard that, she let out a deep sigh of relief. “That is not a good joke!” she remarked as she started packing her things. I did the same thing. “Don’t ever do something like that again, okay? I almost had a heart attack!”

Nodding in reply, I started to walk away from her. “I’ll see you tomorrow, then.” I told her, waving at her as I continued to walk towards the door. I was going to look for Dong Hae and take back what I said earlier at lunch. But as soon as I was out of the door, Dong Hae suddenly appeared beside me and grasped my hand before I could even say anything.

Giving in to what he was doing, he started leading me into the same classroom where we found Kyu Hyun and Se Ri planning against me. And as if it was unusual for me not to utter a word, he turned to me as he continued to lead the way. “Aren’t you going to ask me where we’re going?” he said, his eyebrow raised as he did.

“Why should I? I already know where we’re going.” I replied, suddenly escaping his grasp. Then I started walking ahead of him to prove my point. “I’m going in the right direction, aren’t I?”

Satisfied, he nodded. “Then, aren’t you going to ask me why?” he tried again as he caught up with me until we were walking alongside each other. “Aren’t you even a bit curious?”

I raised a brow at him. it was true that I was usually asking a lot of questions whenever he did something like this, but I couldn’t do that right now or else he wouldn’t let me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter