BATTLE 35

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Believe me, I hardly had any sleep last night. I couldn’t stop thinking about what Na Mi had said. Sure, I told Na Mi it wasn’t possible because if he really did know, he definitely wouldn’t have agreed to make me his girlfriend. But when I thought about it, maybe it really was possible. In fact, maybe Meyka was right all along when she said this plan of ours would probably backfire on us. What should I do?

Suddenly, an idea formed inside my mind. What if… I broke up with Dong Hae now, just before things got messy? I mean, if Meyka was right (And I really believed she was) then it would be really messy. Dong Hae could end up kissing me and that was something I couldn’t possibly allow. I’d rather die. And if it wasn’t that, he and Se Ri could be plotting something against me. After all, Dong Hae once said that he liked Se Ri, so it was possible that they were just plotting against me.

But there was just one problem – Na Mi. She would never approve of me breaking up with Dong Hae. She just couldn’t seem to see how hard it was for me to pretend to like him, especially since he was a jerk. And if I told her I would, she would definitely get mad at me.

However, I could always just do it without telling her, couldn’t I? I could just break up with Dong Hae and not tell Na Mi about it. Or maybe I would, but not at once. I’d try to catch her in one of her best moods before I would tell her. Yes, that was it.

As I was about to reach for my cell phone which was lying on the table in front of me, it suddenly vibrated, signaling a new message received. It was Dong Hae. “You didn’t call me yesterday. That means you broke one of my rules. For your punishment, come to school right now.”

Why should I go to school today? Today was a Saturday. “No way. Why would I go somewhere to receive my punishment? If you want to punish me, come and get me.” I replied to him stubbornly. But after I did, I realized that I shouldn’t have done that. What if he would really come here and kiss me in front of my parents? After all, he always did the most bizarre things. And to make things seem like that, the doorbell rang all of a sudden.

Thinking it was really him, I rushed down the stairs, hoping to overtake the maids from opening the door. But once I reached the bottom of the stairs, the maid already opened it, revealing a friend of my mother’s.

As soon as I saw it was her, I let out a sigh of relief. Then I ran back to my room and sent another message taking back what I said earlier. “I changed my mind. I’m going there now.” After sending that, I hurriedly changed my clothes and rushed towards school, just before he could actually arrive at my house.

However, when I got there, he was nowhere in sight. Instead, what I saw in front of the school’s steps was a medium-sized brown bear with a jersey on and was holding a folded note in its paws.

Curious as to what it was that Dong Hae was up to, I cautiously looked around before I took the folded note and opened it. “This isn’t your punishment yet. Take me and start walking 10 steps to your left then 20 steps to your right.”

‘What exactly was he trying to make me do, follow a map?’ I couldn’t help thinking as I did what the note said. After all, I got to keep the cute bear so it was okay. Once I took the last step, in front of me was a picnic blanket with different kinds of food arranged in a deliciously, mouth-watering manner. “Wow.” I exclaimed in a whisper, suddenly wondering if I just fell asleep and was now in a dream, a very good one.

“You like it, don’t you?” Dong Hae suddenly spoke from behind me, taking me back to reality.

I turned to face him with a frown. “What are all these?” I remarked, pointing at the tempting sight and the cute bear. Somehow, I could already sense something very fishy about this. Dong Hae couldn’t possibly be doing things like these for no reason at all, could he?

He raised his eyebrow innocently. “What do you mean? I told you already, didn’t I? T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter