BATTLE 22

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I knew deep inside me that jealousy shouldn’t grow inside me as I watched Kyu Hyun give Meyka those roses, especially since I knew that Meyka really liked Kyu Hyun and she deserved those roses just as much as I did. But I just couldn’t help but be envious of Meyka. And so, I thought about getting out of there so my jealousy wouldn’t grow even bigger.

“I have to go.” I immediately said as I stood up and grabbed my things in a flash. Then I was out of there even before Kyu Hyun or Meyka could say anything. As I was walking away, I got out my cell phone and sent a message to Na Mi, saying I needed to do a forgotten assignment and that she should explain that to Kyu Hyun and Meyka. I knew it was a lame excuse, but it was all I could think of in such a short period of time.

When I got out of the cafeteria, I didn’t know where to go. My next class was still after thirty minutes, so I couldn’t just go to class early. Maybe I could hang out inside the school library, since I hadn’t been there since 6th grade, when the teacher demanded us to copy a library title card. But then again, I would probably just make noise there so I rather not. I’d just go outside and have a breath of fresh air.

As I was heading out though, I caught sight of Eun Hyuk approaching me. And surprisingly, he wasn’t with Dong Hae. Curiosity entered my mind as I waited for him to reach me. I couldn’t help wondering why he would want to talk to me, when we hardly ever spoken to each other.

“Hey Ji Na!” he greeted once he reached me. “Are you busy right now?”

I shook my head. “No. Why?” I asked as I formulated an answer in my mind. Could it be he needed help in courting my dearest best friend?

“I was just wondering if I can talk to you somewhere private.” He replied politely.

I didn’t know Eun Hyuk well but I knew for a fact that he wasn’t polite. And s, I know that there was something behind those words. “About what?” I asked, raising a brow at him.

He looked around for anyone who might be listening before he faced me. “It’s about Na Mi.” he said in a small voice, probably feeling embarrassed.

Hearing his words and seeing that my answer was correct, I smiled at him. “Fine. Where do you want to talk about it?” I asked him.

He grabbed my hand and started walking. “Just follow me.” He remarked.

As I was letting him lead the way, I couldn’t help feeling sorry for myself. Meyka received roses from Kyu Hyun and now Na Mi was going to experience a sweet valentine too. But as for me, I had nothing but let-down expectations.

My thoughts were disturbed when Eun Hyuk stopped in his tracks in front of a dark classroom. “Let’s go in?” he said, opening the door for me. “Ladies first.”

“Wait, aren’t you supposed to open the lights first?” I asked, suddenly feeling suspicious of Eun Hyuk. He could be doing a prank on me, since Dong Hae knew about my fear of the dark and he must’ve told Eun Hyuk about it.

Eun Hyuk smiled innocently. “But I can’t, because the switch is on the other side of the room.” He answered, still insisting I enter the room.

I went ahead and spoke my thought aloud. “How do I know you’re not going to lock me inside when I enter?”

He suddenly burst out laughing. “Are you crazy? Why would I do something like that to you?” he exclaimed, like I had just said the most absurd thing. “I’m not pulling a prank on you, okay? I just want to talk to you. But if you don’t trust me, then I’ll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter