BATTLE 54

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, so he turned his back on me without a word. But the last time he did that, it wasn’t so bad. In fact, when he did that to me before, afterwards, he even asked me to be his girlfriend. So maybe he wasn’t mad at me right now. He was just being the most unexpected and unpredictable guy I knew, like he always did.

Oh, who was I kidding? This was a different story from before. Then, I didn’t stab him from behind. He was aware that I was ruining his reputation. But now, he wasn’t even the slightest aware that I was playing him like a fool. I really made the worst move this time. At least in his point of view right now, I did. But if I would be able to explain myself, I was sure that he wouldn’t treat me this badly anymore. I just had to find a way to do so.

Going back to where Kyu Hyun and Sung Min were, I noticed an expression from Sung Min that I had never before seen in him. He looked really upset and confused at the same time. “Why was she suddenly so mad? Did I do anything wrong?” he was asking Kyu Hyun.

“Has she been like that since earlier this morning?” Kyu Hyun asked, trying to analyze the problem. He was probably looking for a way to make Sung Min feel better.

Sung Min shook his head. “She’s fine earlier. She was even more cheerful than usual that I assumed she was like that because she knew it was my birthday and she was excited about the plans we made. But I guess I was wrong.” He responded, still wondering whatever it was he did that made Meyka so angry suddenly. “Was it wrong for me to insist that we have lunch together today?”

“Maybe she was discussing something really important with Dong Hae just now so she got angry when you interrupted.” Kyu Hyun remarked, hoping he said the right words to comfort him.

But it didn’t. Instead, it made him even worse. “Important? So celebrating a boyfriend’s birthday isn’t important?” he exclaimed. “What’s more important than her boyfriend?”

Upon hearing that question coming from Sung Min, the awful pit I felt in my stomach suddenly got a whole lot worse. And before I could even stop myself, my tongue slipped and spoke out exactly what I was thinking at the moment, not even considering how it would hurt Sung Min. “Meyka likes Dong Hae…” I let out.

“What?!” Sung Min reacted with a tone that was shaky and disbelieving.

Not wanting to upset Sung Min more, I decided to cover up what I just said. “Oh, nothing. It was just a little joke.” I told him, faking a smile. “Don’t worry too much about Meyka, Sung Min. If I know something about Meyka, it’s that she never does anything before she thinks about it. She always considers people’s feelings. She must have a reason for doing what she did just now.”

But even if I said that, I was thinking differently in my mind. Meyka had to like Dong Hae. I mean, she even chose Dong Hae over Sung Min. That had to be a sign that she liked Dong Hae. And seeing how Dong Hae claimed to ask Na Mi to be his girlfriend because of the fact that she liked him, it was likely that he would give Meyka a chance.

As the three of us started heading back to our classroom for our next class, I found myself suddenly changing my mind about things. All the while, I was thinking that maybe an explanation could make things better between Dong Hae and me. I mean, why wouldn’t it, when he really liked me? That should even make him feel way better. But now I wasn’t sure anymore. If he was so angry that he’d resort to going out with someone in a matter of hours, maybe a simple explanation wouldn’t do the trick. He wouldn’t possibly believe me that easily now, would he?

When we reached the classroom, Sung Min went ahead and sat down on his usual seat, still feeling down. Kyu Hyun, on the other hand, stayed with me for a moment. “Are you alright?” he asked me. He must’ve noticed me deep in thought as he was continuing to comfort Sung Min.

I nodded. “Of course I am. I’m not the one who just had the worst birthday experience ever.” I replied, a little sarcastically. “I just have to sit with my ex-best friend.”

“Do you want me to sit with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter