BATTLE 7

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were three major gossips revolving around the school. The first one was the reason why Dong Hae wouldn’t pick up his phone. Almost every girl was speculating whatever the reason for Dong Hae’s continuous ignorance to calls and messages. The next was about me. It seemed like more and more people were beginning to think of me as an evil villain who vowed to destroy Dong Hae’s happy ever after. And the last, but definitely not the least discussed among the people in the hallways, was about the first game of the varsity for this season. They were really anticipating Dong Hae’s performance. After all, he was given the title of MVP for two years in a row already. However, they were completely unaware of what was to happen later at the game.

“Okay, something’s up. Come on, spill it out.” Na Mi remarked as soon as she saw me walking inside the room. She must’ve noticed the huge smile I couldn’t wipe off my face ever since I talked to Sung Min yesterday.

I decided it wouldn’t be fair if I told Na Mi about my plan when I practically forced Sung Min yesterday. “What do you mean?” I asked innocently. “I just woke up at the right side of my bed today, that’s all.”

Of course, Na Mi knew better to see right through that. She looked at me suspiciously. “You’ve thought of a new plan again, haven’t you?”

“Maybe.” I answered with a teasing smile as I took my seat.

Na Mi slapped my arm lightly. “Yah, I’m a hundred percent sure that you’ve come up with another scheme of yours. Come on, tell me!” she insisted.

I shook my head. “I’m sorry, Na Mi, but this time, I can’t tell you.” I apologized, seeing how she kept on insisting. Whenever Na Mi wanted something, she wouldn’t stop until she got it.

She frowned at me. “I thought I was your best friend.” She remarked.

I couldn’t help but be shaken by that remark. She was my best friend, and I almost never kept secrets from her. But even though she was more important than Sung Min, I couldn’t just betray him like that. “I’m really sorry, I really can’t tell you.” I told her. She then pouted so I just gave her a small hint. “This is all I can say. It’s going to happen during the game later.”

“That’s it?” Na Mi complained. “I want more details.”

It was a good thing our teacher finally came in so I didn’t have to continue refusing to Na Mi’s request. And since the lesson was pretty heavy, she forgot all about it after that class. In fact, she didn’t remember about it until it was time for the game. The school had cancelled all the classes in the afternoon because it wanted its students to cheer for their unbeatable team as moral support.

“Yah, you still haven’t told me about your plan.” She finally remembered as we took our seats at one of the bleachers.

I showed her a mischievous smile. “Don’t worry, you’ll notice it soon.” I assured her.

As soon as the players stepped foot into the court, the crowds of people cheered enthusiastically. But even though the cheers for both teams were very loud, they were beaten by the cheers of Dong Hae’s fan club which filled the whole place.

When Sung Min and a tall player from the other team finally prepared for the first jump ball, the crowd settled down. It was Sung Min who got the ball and passed it to another teammate who seemed very familiar. His jersey’s name was Kyu Hyun, but his name was unfami

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter