BATTLE 26

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It never really occurred to me how stupid I was all these times. I mean, it was pretty obvious that Kyu Hyun didn’t truly like me, from the way he treated me like a jerk during our first few encounters, and suddenly changed into the sweetest guy after. But then again, he seemed so sincere when he was with me. I guessed there was really no way for us to tell when a guy was just playing with us.

As I found myself crying inside a stall of the girls’ room because of a feeling of betrayal, my cell phone suddenly started vibrating, the screen informing an incoming call from Kyu Hyun. It was either he found out about my hearing his conversation and was going to explain, or he was asked by Se Ri to call me and continue his job. I went for the latter, seeing how it was impossible for him to know I was there since he was so engrossed with talking to Se Ri.

I rejected the call, but right after I did, a thought suddenly formed in my mind. Kyu Hyun still had no idea I knew of his mission. And if I kept avoiding him, he’d definitely notice something was wrong. It wasn’t the right time for him to know yet, so when my cell phone once again rang, I picked it up and tried to sound normal as I answered. “Hello.”

“Ji Na! Why weren’t you answering your phone?” he asked, sounding friendly and sweet as usual.

“Oh, it’s because I didn’t notice my phone ringing until now.” I remarked, faking a laugh as I unlocked the stall and walked out. “Why did you call me?”

“Do I have to have a reason to call you?” he asked jokingly. But he didn’t let me answer that. He continued talking. “I was just wondering, what was the color of the flower’s wrapper I gave you yesterday?”

Remembering what Se Ri was holding earlier, it was baby blue. “It’s blue, baby blue. Why do you ask?”

“You’ve just guessed that, didn’t you?” he suddenly responded. Then he sighed and his vice suddenly turned disappointed. “Why didn’t you tell me you didn’t receive my rose?”

I was really tempted to say that it wasn’t really ‘his’ rose, but Se Ri’s, however, I reminded myself that I shouldn’t let the cat out of the bag because I wasn’t ready yet. “Um, it’s because I didn’t want to upset you. You seemed so eager to get my reaction that I was afraid if I told you I didn’t get it, you would really get hurt.” I lied, though it was pretty true, since that was how I felt before I found out about his twisted ways.

“You should’ve told me so I could get it back for you.” he answered, back to sounding normal. “I wonder who stole it. Do you have any idea?”

Suddenly, I thought of a way to scare him. “Maybe it’s Se Ri. She once stole my notes from my locker, so maybe she’s the one who stole the roe.” I remarked, walking back and forth as I spoke.

As I expected, he didn’t speak right away. In fact, he took a while before he spoke and when he did, he didn’t give a reaction to what I said. “Look, I need to go. I’ll just see you in class later, okay?” he said, then he hanged up.

It never dawned to me that al the times Kyu Hyun and I talked, we’ve never really stumbled upon Se Ri as our topic. What if I mentioned Se Ri in our earlier conversations, would we have been awkward then? Would he feel uncomfortable? But then, when Se Ri was attacking me, he intervened and faced her for me. Was that just a big act?

As I opened the door of the girls’ room to exit, my thoughts continued to confuse me. But when I stepped outside, I was surprised to see Lee Dong Hae a few meters away from where I stood, leaning against the wall as if he was waiting for someone. And as he was standing there, he would wave to the people who greeted him. I couldn’t help thinking that he was waiting for me all those time.

“Yah, why are you waiting for me?” I asked him as I n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter