BATTLE 13

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were still a lot of things I wanted to ask Na Mi, like how was she able to pull it off, what did she want to get for doing what she did, and most importantly, why did she do it at all? I really wanted to know her answer for that question. But seeing how she wouldn’t even admit her fault, there was no way she was going to answer any of those questions. And so, having no other option, I decided to end the conversation.

“I… still have homework to finish so I better go.” I remarked seriously, feeling awkward since I always said those words cheerfully before.

After we hanged up, that was when realization hit me. I was the biggest fool in the world. Kyu Hyun was right when he said I shouldn’t involve myself in Na Mi’s battle. But I just had to believe in Na Mi when she said she’d always be by my side. And you couldn’t blame me for that either, since our friendship went way back to when we were still in 6th grade, and not once did she ever abandon me. There was even a time when almost everyone hated me, yet she still continued to hang out with me, not even worried about what the people would think of her. Luckily, things got cleared up in the end.

Maybe Na Mi wasn’t really the problem in this situation. There must be something that made her turn her back on me. I mean, of course I couldn’t deny the fact that it was Na Mi who actually betrayed me, but there was a reason for that. And when I thought about it, my efforts were not completely wasted because even though I wasn’t sure why Na Mi suddenly changed towards me, but i was sure that it involved Lee Dong Hae.

As a matter of fact, I was able to formulate a theory. I thought up that the reason why Na Mi was betraying me was because she loved Dong Hae too much and she didn’t like the idea of me hurting him. But then, how could she actually choose Dong Hae over me? Was our long years of friendship suddenly not more than her first love?

All of a sudden, I found an answer to my problem. if Na Mi wanted to change sides, then so be it. But that didn’t mean I was going to back down just because I lost a friend. Besides, I could do it on my own. She was never on my side anyway. She was only there to listen to my every plan and try to ruin it behind my back.

Having settled my problem, I finally went to bed. And believe it or not, I slept very well that I took it as a good sign for my decision last night. But when I woke up fifteen minutes later than usual, I started to rethink it. Well, not really, since I was in such a hurry to avoid being late. But somehow, I had a feeling today was not the best day of my life.

I didn’t know what got into me because after keeping my cell phone inside my drawer for days, I found myself taking it out in the middle of rushing out of my room. And once I reached the school in the very last minute, I turned it on.

After deleting all the messages without bothering to read any of them, I was really glad to see no more new messages incoming. In fact, I was so happy that I almost forgot about what happened yesterday so I started writing a message to Na Mi. but then I remembered our fight. Okay, so we didn’t really fight, but she knew and I knew that we shouldn’t be talking to each other right now so I sent the message to Meyka instead, telling her how happy I was to be able to use my cell phone again.

Meyka replied quickly, saying “That’s great! Hey, want to eat lunch together later? I want to talk to you.”

Having thought about what was going on between me and Na Mi, I did worry a little about who I was going to eat lunch with today. It was a good thing that Meyka offered to, so I instantly accepted her invite, compromising on the place and time that we were supposed to meet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter