BATTLE 50

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Because it’s the truth. I really was tired of playing.” He answered straight, like there was nothing wrong with what he did to Na Mi. He didn’t even seem the least bit ashamed.

I was really shocked with his answer. I was hoping he’d at least say that he did like Na Mi and that his love for her just faded, so he broke up with her. But from what he said, he was implying that he never liked Na Mi at all. “If you knew all along that get tired of playing, then why did you play with her in the first place?! Why her and not some other girl in your fan club?!” I asked him angrily, my hand clenching at my right side.

“Why are you so mad? Weren’t you the one who said out loud that I should give Na Mi a chance because she’s a good person?” he answered back, turning a little serious.

He was right, I did say that once, when Na Mi complained of being ignored by Dong Hae when they were still strangers. I didn’t realize that he heard that. But still, it didn’t give him the right to play with Na Mi’s heart. “I did say that. But that’s more reason not to play with her heart. How can you hurt her feelings when she’s such a nice person?” I told him accusingly.

“You make it sound as if I utterly enjoy playing with Na Mi’s feelings.” he remarked in a hurt tone. Could I actually have managed to finally get through his sensitive heart? But then he let out a smile. “when I heard you say that, Eun Hyuk started convincing me to give Na Mi a chance too. he said I had nothing to lose anyway. And who knew, maybe Na Mi and I were really meant for each other. That’s why I chose Na Mi.”

I raised my brow at him in disbelief. How could he expect me to believe that when he broke up with Na Mi bluntly? “If that was true, why did you break up with her as if she was some toy you got tired of playing?” I shot at him.

“How many times do I have to tell you? I was simply telling the truth.” He repeated his first statement. Then, as if he read my mind, he said, “Would you rather I told her my love for her faded?”

I nodded in agreement. “Yes, I would.” I replied.

He laughed at that. “Do you think she’d move on if I said that? She’d only try to think of ways to get back the feelings she believed I had for her.” He explained.

“Oh, so you think Na Mi’s moved on now?” I exclaimed, once again enraged by the fact that he couldn’t see that Na Mi was still hung up from their break-up.

“Of course. Would she have allowed you to go out with me if she hadn’t?” he remarked, suddenly making me once again think about my assumption yesterday.

Could it really be true that the reason why Na Mi was so excited about our plan on making Dong Hae fall for me because she was ready to make Dong Hae happy, and not because of revenge? After all, even Kyu Hyun somewhat agreed on that. And I couldn’t really stop my heart from beating wildly now that I was near him, could I? Maybe it was time for me to drop this revenge thing and start enjoying Dong Hae’s company, the way Na Mi wanted me to.

I was about to open my mouth to speak, when Dong Hae threw the ball back at me. “That’s enough questions. You were supposed to ask only one but you already asked way too many questions. If you want to ask me another question, shoot the ball.” He said teasingly, as if he was confident that I wouldn’t succeed.

Catching the ball, I glared at him. If he thought I couldn’t do this, he was wrong. Now that I had an idea how heavy the ball was, I threw the ball with a greater force, causing it to hit the inner part of the ring, turning around and around. As I watched it, I prayed silently so it would go in.

After a moment, the ball finally stopped and got inside the net. Feeling lucky and victorious, I turned to him and stuck my tongue out. “You didn’t think I’d shoot that, did you?” I bragged at him.

“That’s what you call beginner’s luck. You better ask a very important question now, because you might not be able to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter