BATTLE 31

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was almost amusing, the way my intentional confession brought about different expressions on each person who was able to hear me. but even though most of what I expected happened, I was still surprised by what happened next. Se Ri’s jaw had dropped, Kyu Hyun’s eyes were filled with surprise and confusion, and Na Mi looked like she was hiding a smile. But when I turned to Dong Hae, I couldn’t read his expression.

To tell you honestly, after being treated harshly by Dong Hae twice, I was actually expecting him to do the same as Se Ri once again snap back to reality and turned to Dong Hae with a question. “What do you say about this, Dong Hae? Did you really give Ji Na presents?”

And I knew I was right as his usual mischievous smile formed from his lips and a glint was present in his eyes. Even when he still wasn’t speaking, I wanted to kill him already because I knew he was going to ruin everything big time. But of course, I couldn’t, so I just stood there, holding back my urge as he answered Se Ri.

“No, I didn’t give her presents during Valentine.” He said, approaching us. Se Ri, upon hearing that, smiled victoriously. I couldn’t help but start glaring at him as I opened my mouth to oppose his lie when he continued to speak. “Actually, I gave Ji Na more than just presents that day. I also gave her a proposal to be my girlfriend. And it is still unanswered until now.”

Did I just hear Dong Hae’s words? Did Lee Dong Hae just take my side? My answer was seen on Se Ri’s face which had undergone a 180° change from a wide smile to a huge frown. Having been convinced that I did hear it right, I decided to ride along with Dong Hae, since he was helping me out. “I said I’d think about it, didn’t I? let me answer you now then. I do want to be your girlfriend.” I remarked, making the people gasp in surprise. I didn’t blame them, because if I wasn’t doing our plan, I would never say anything like that.

Upon hearing that, it was evident that Se Ri was shaking inside. She instantly turned to Na Mi with a snap. “Aren’t you going to say anything to this? Your best friend had just destroyed your love life.” she let out angrily, the same way villains in the movies did whenever they found out their plan wasn’t working and they desperately try to cause more destruction.

But she made the wrong move, because why would Na Mi help her when it was Na Mi who wanted her to lose in the first place? Na Mi smiled mockingly at Se Ri. “I do have something to say. To everyone here, I want you all to know that I support Ji Na and Dong Hae. I’m happy for them, so I hope that the rumor about Ji Na ruining my relationship with Dong hae would stop now.” She spoke, her eyes focused on Se Ri as if she was enjoying every moment of agony Se Ri was feeling.

If the bell hadn’t rung after a minute, the people that crowded our classroom would probably have stayed even longer. but it did, so everyone was gone and only those who belonged to our class were left. Se Ri, being one of them, stayed where she stood for a moment, glaring at me and Na Mi angrily. Dong Hae stayed behind too, even though he belonged to another class. And because of this, I wasn’t too scared about Se Ri’s actions. What could she do when Dong Hae was watching her?

Suddenly, Dong Hae grabbed my right hand and started pulling me out of the door so I didn’t have enough time to check on Kyu Hyun. Instead, my mind was focused on what Dong Hae was going to do with me. It could be he was going to confront me about the things I just said, or it could be to save me from Se Ri’s piercing glare.

As we were walking out, our teacher was already near the doorway. And upon seeing us, she asked me (and not Dong Hae at all!) where I was going. She was looking at me firmly as she did, but when she turned to Dong Hae, she actually gave him a slight smile.

I opened my mouth to answer but Dong Hae overtook me. “I just need to talk to Ji Na for a moment. Can you please excuse her for a minute?” he requested with his infamous smile on his face.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter