BATTLE 4

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn’t know how I was able to do it, but just before Dong Hae could see the number, I managed to snatch it away from Sung Min’s grasp. After I did, I let out a silent sigh of relief.

“What’s wrong?” Sung Min asked with questioning eyes. He looked so naïve, like he didn’t know he was about to ruin my life big time. But in reality, he really didn’t know.

I gave him a sheepish smile. “My friend doesn’t like Dong Hae.” I reasoned.


Sung Min’s forehead furrowed seriously. “Why not?” he asked, turning from Dong Hae to me then back. Suddenly he smiled. “Dong Hae and I are very similar. We’re both cute and handsome. Aren’t we, Dong Hae? Why won’t your friend like a cute guy like Dong Hae? That’s really weird.”

I shook my head. “My friend doesn’t like players.” I replied, looking towards Dong Hae accusingly as I did. “And even if she likd Dong Hae, I would never allow her to have any relation with him.”

Dong Hae seemed to be hurt by what I said because he suddenly turned away from me. ‘That’s right, feel the pain of being insulted. You deserve it.’ I thought to myself.

But he recovered pretty fast because after turning away, he faced Sung Min with his usual smile. “I almost forgot, what happened to your game the other day?”

Sung Min didn’t mind the instant change of topic. In fact, he seemed very interested with the topic Dong Hae opened. “Before the game started, I was really nervous. My supposed partner in mixed doubles stood me up. Luckily, I saw a girl with a badminton racket entering the court. I didn’t even have the chance to ask for her name but she was awesome, my lifesaver.” He narrated enthusiastically.

“Let me guess. You won, didn’t you?” Dong Hae returned his enthusiasm.

“Of course, I was there, wasn’t I?” Sung Min joked. “But seriously, that girl helped me a lot. I wonder if I can see her again.”

As Sung Min finished speaking, the bell signaling our detention was over finally rang. Upon hearing that, I stood up from my seat and headed out quickly. I couldn’t bear to stay a minute more with Dong Hae. How he could get along easily with anyone really irked me. But in my hurry to get out of there, I hadn’t realized someone was following me until I was nearing my locker. It was the guy who knew I had no siblings, and he was smiling teasingly.

“Why are you…” I started to say but I cut myself off when I saw a familiar piece of paper on his hand as he held it up for me to see. It must’ve fallen when I was hurrying out. I extended my hand towards him. “Can I have it back please? Or maybe you’re interested in texting my friend.”

“Whose number is this, really?” he asked, looking at the number in his hand.

I placed an innocent expression and smiled. “I told you, didn’t I? it’s my friend, Shin Hae’s number.” I remarked. “And I assure you, you’ll have a very interesting conversation even on the very first call you make.”

“And why would we have an interesting conversation?” he asked again.

“Because she’s different from other girls.” I answered him convincingly. His eyes seemed to want me to elaborate. “She’s very different because… she’s tomboyish.”

His eyebrow suddenly arched. “Why would I be interested in a tomboy? And if she were a tomboy, why would she look for a boyfriend? Are you lying again?” he said, not really mad but not amused either. “Honestly, Ji Na, whose number is it?”

Seeing how our conversation could last for a long time, I decided to give in. “Okay, so maybe it’s not my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter