BATTLE 36

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So that’s why I couldn’t contact you all day.” Na Mi replied upon my telling her of Dong Hae’s ‘perfect first date’. As soon as I got home, one of the maids told me that Na Mi was on the phone and that she had been calling all day. “Looks like he likes you again.”

For the first time, I was going to agree with Na Mi concerning Dong Hae. “Yeah, it does. Listen, I’ve been thinking, since we’ve just confirmed that he likes me now, maybe it’s time for me to break up with him.” I remarked, hoping that I chose the right moment to say that.

“No, it’s not yet time.” She immediately answered. “We’re not even sure if he really likes you again. If we end this too soon, it’ll be useless. We need to find the right moment, Ji Na. We need to put a scar on him.”

“But how can he not like me now, Na Mi? For the first time in my life, Dong Hae wasn’t doing something to annoy me. Isn’t that enough to make you believe it?” I asked convincingly. I couldn’t possibly tell her the real reason why I wanted to break up with Dong Hae or else she would definitely not approve of it.

I could imagine her shaking her head. “No, it’s not enough, okay? He’s done a lot of sweet things for me too, hasn’t he? And yet do you think he likes me truly?” she pointed out. “Look, Ji Na, I know that he just made your first date really sweet. But it’s just a first date. We need more signs.”

She had a point. It wasn’t enough, because like Na Mi had said, Dong Hae wasn’t really that predictable. I mean, I used to think he really liked Na Mi after all those times they spent with each other. But it turned out he was only playing with her. Who knew if he was just playing with me, like I was with him? “Fine, so I won’t break up with him yet. But when will I?” I finally asked, seeing how she was the expert here.

“Don’t worry about it. When I feel the time is right, I’ll tell you, okay? For now, just enjoy the new way he’s treating you. You must admit, he’s not the jerk you’ve always known him to be now, is he?” she suddenly began teasing me.

Considering how he made up for the worst date ever, I guessed he wasn’t that bad. But he still wasn’t as good as Na Mi claimed him to be. “Well, his image improved a little.” I answered her. “Why do you seem like you want me to fall for him?”

“Yah, I’m just trying to make you see how it feels like with Dong Hae so you’d stop calling me crazy for falling in love with him." she defended. Then someone started calling her from the background. “Ji Na ah, I need to go. Eun Hyuk’s on the other line. I’ll talk to you again soon, okay? Bye!”

After hanging up the phone, I decided that since I was already by the phone, I should go ahead and call Dong Hae now. After all, even if he didn’t try to hug or kiss me for breaking his rule, he might do that the next time so I shouldn’t give him a chance to.

“Hello? Who’s this?” he remarked as soon as he answered my call.

Wasn’t it weird how he made a rule saying I had to call him everyday, and yet he didn’t even save my number? Shouldn’t he at least be anticipating my calls? “Yah, it’s me.” I told him, not bothering to say my name. “Can’t you even tell?”

“How can I, when you haven’t even spoken when I asked?” he replied coolly.

Okay, so he got that right. “Well, at least you should’ve had an idea who I was. You could’ve just confirmed it was me.” I responded back. “You’re the one who told me to call in the first place.”

He chuckled at that. “Yeah, I was. But it was only because I wanted to help you out. I wanted to make you happy and I know that when you hear my voice, you would be, since you like me, so I decided to make that rule. Aren’t you thankful?” he said.

Here we go again with him trying to turn the tables

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter