BATTLE 55

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was amazing how sleep could change a person’s mind. Last night, I was so sure that I would never talk to Dong Hae ever again. But now that I was getting ready for school, I once again changed my mind. There must be an explanation to why he wouldn’t answer my call. Maybe it was too noisy at the party so he couldn’t take any of my calls. Or maybe Se Ri still had the phone. Whatever it was, it couldn’t be because he didn’t want to talk to me.

Hurrying to school, I was hoping to catch Dong Hae before class and talk to him. And sure enough, I managed to arrive in school 30 minutes before classes start. But I might have been too early because when I checked his classroom, he still wasn’t there.

“You’re looking for Dong Hae, aren’t you?” she sneered at me as she sat on a chair beside a girl I never met before. She then turned to the girl and held out her hand towards her. “I told you, didn’t I?”

As the girl placed money on Se Ri’s hand (probably winning a bet), I decided it wouldn’t hurt to ask Se Ri if she knew where Dong Hae was. After all, they were pretty close, weren’t they? “Look, I know you think I’m a bad person. But I didn’t mean to do what I did to Dong Hae, okay? So can you please tell me where he is right now?” I told her, trying my best to ignore her as she mocked me.

“So you really did do something to him. I knew it, but I just had to make sure my hunch was right.” Se remarked with delighted eyes.

Did she mean Dong Hae never told her what happened between us? Then if that was true, I really had to talk to him. Because if he didn’t tell Se Ri about it, that would mean it wasn’t a big deal. And if it wasn’t a big deal for him, then it would be easier to fix things with him. “Where is Dong Hae, Se Ri?” I asked again, still trying to be calm.

She shrugged. “How would I know? And even if I knew where he is, I wouldn’t tell you.” she remarked provokingly.

“Yah, I’m not here to play games with you. It’s enough that you won’t let Dong Hae answer my calls yesterday. Just tell me where he is.” I told her, starting to get mad.

She raised her brow at me. “What are you talking about? Just because he didn’t want to talk to you, you’re putting the blame on me?” she spoke, letting out a scoff. “As soon as he got his cell phone from me yesterday, he hurriedly went home.”

Suddenly, the optimism I had when I woke up started quivering. He wasn’t even in the party yesterday, nor did Se Ri have his cell phone. That meant the reasons I had been thinking about before were all wrong. But that didn’t mean there wasn’t another reason that would explain what happened yesterday. And the only way to find out about it was by talking to Dong Hae. Unfortunately, I probably wouldn’t be able to do that if I stayed here longer because I was convinced now that Se Ri would never tell me where he was. Maybe she didn’t really know. “Whatever, Se Ri. I’m just going to leave now.” I told her, showing her a plastic smile, similar to the one she always gave me.

Having said that, I turned and walked out of the room, ignoring what Se Ri was saying I then headed to the second place where I thought it was possible for Dong Hae to be at – the gym. But to my dismay, he wasn’t there either. And so, I tried to call his phone. But he kept rejecting my calls.

Feeling down once again, I decided to give up for now. I told myself that he was probably still sleeping, maybe forgetting to set his alarm clock. I would just resume my mission to talk to him later during lunch period. Then, I would be sure that he’d be in school.

As I entered my classroom 10 minutes before the start of class, I was glad to find Kyu Hyun sitting there all alone, playing something in his cell phone with the same serious expression he had when I first saw him in detention with Sung Min. “You’re early.” He commented, not looking up from his cell phone. “Let me guess, had any special business?”

“How do you do it?” I asked him in amazement as he once again managed to know what I was thinking about. “I was hoping to meet Dong Hae. But I guess he’s not here yet.”

He finally stopped playing and turned to me. “That’s not what you really think, is it? You think he’s avoiding you right now because he’s mad at you.” he remarked knowingly. But then he gave me a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry about it. He usually gets to school late so today’s probably no different. And when I saw him yesterday before the party, he didn’t look that angry. He just looked tired.”

“You think so?” I asked as I took a seat beside him. “But when I tried to call him yesterday, he rejected my calls. Why would he do that if he isn’t mad?”

He thou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter