BATTLE 51

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, so normally, after a some sort of revelation like that, especially in dramas, a kiss or a hug would follow after. But Dong Hae wasn’t always the type to follow trends so that probably wouldn’t happen. But then again, he always did the opposite of what I expected. And so, before he could do anything to me, I took out his cell phone from my pocket and pretended to read a message I just received.

“Dong Hae ah, I need to go. My mother just sent me a message saying she needs me home now.” I spoke, placing the cell phone back to my pocket so he couldn’t snatch it from me to fins out if I was lying.

But he knew better. He raised his brow at me. “Your mother knows my number?” he remarked, not sounding suspicious though I was sure that he was.

I nodded in reply. “Of course she does. But she doesn’t know it’s your number. I told her I swap phones with Na Mi so she can call me at Na Mi’s number whenever she needs to reach me.” I answered him convincingly. The truth was, my mother had no idea I didn’t have my cell phone with me these past few days because she rarely called or sent me messages. But why would I tell him the truth?

Upon hearing me answer though, he let out the smile he always showed whenever he was enjoying the moment. And suddenly, I knew I was busted. “Is that so? then why did someone named ‘umma’ send a message just earlier today saying she forgot she had a meeting today so she can’t go shopping with you later?” he said.

Okay, so what he just said was true because my mother and I did plan to go shopping later in the afternoon. But I shouldn’t panic. I wasn’t completely busted, right? “Yah! How can you read even my personal messages?!” I snapped at him, attempting to change the topic instead of defending myself.

“Why? Don’t you do the same?” he answered back with a smirk.

Actually, I did read one of the messages he got from his brother. But it wasn’t intentional. I was in class during that time and was irritated by the vibration in my pocket so I took it out under my desk to stop it. It turned out it was a message from his brother asking him where he placed the basketball. Nevertheless, he was right. I still did the same. And so, I decided to drop the subject. “Whatever.” I mumbled. Then I returned to my first agenda. “Anyway, can I go now? I still have a lot of homework to do.”

“Are you saying your homework is more important than your boyfriend?” he spoke with a fake frown. “No, you can’t go home yet because I’m still not satisfied with your punishment.”

I showed him a fake frown too. “What? How much longer do I have to stay then?” I asked him.

He then smiled evilly as he raised two fingers. “Two more hours.” He said. And after that, as if he had different levels of evil smiles, his smile got even more evil. “Unless you give me a kiss.”

I absolutely had no idea why, but upon hearing that I actually walked over to him with an equally evil smile and gave him a quick peck on his cheek. And exactly right after, I started walking, no, running away towards my house.

As I did, that was when realization surged through me. I just kissed Dong Hae’s cheek. But that wasn’t the fact that bothered me. It was not knowing the reason why. Did I just kiss Dong Hae because I wanted to? No, it couldn’t be that. So maybe I was starting to like him, but wouldn’t it be more than a little feeling to actually want to kiss him? After all, I unconsciously smiled evilly upon doing it. And Dong Hae did look surprised when I did it. Maybe the reason why I did what I did was because I wanted to take revenge on all the times he surprised me with the unexpected.

When I got home, as if Na Mi had ESP, the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter