BATTLE 10

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few months ago, I remembered Na Mi ranting about a bracelet that Dong Hae wore. She was complaining about why Dong Hae wouldn’t take off his bracelet even when he’s playing basketball. And even his closest friends couldn’t make him take it off. From what she said, I could already sense the importance of the bracelet to him. But even though I knew that Dong Hae would definitely get mad if I took it (which is one of my primary missions), I never really considered doing it because I myself had something that I always kept with me.

“You stole it?” Kyu Hyun asked, suddenly looking at me with disbelief.

Everyone nearby seemed to have sensed the heat of the situation because they suddenly gathered around us.

“Why do you still ask her? Isn’t the fact that the bracelet is in her locker enough evidence to show that she really did it?” the girl who opened my locker spoke, glaring angrily at me.

I decided to ignore her and answered Kyu Hyun. “Didn’t I tell you earlier? I didn’t plan anything. And how can I steal something when I’m with you?” I remarked honestly. “I swear I didn’t do it.”

“Who said the bracelet went missing during lunch period? It’s been missing since early this morning.” The girl remarked. “Why don’t you just admit it, huh? It’s obvious that you did it but you still continue to deny it. Who could be stupid enough to believe your lies?”

Kyu Hyun didn’t say anything, but his look was already giving his thoughts. He didn’t believe my side of the story at all. And who would blame him? He didn’t know me that well to trust me, especially when all the evidences point to me. Seeing how it was hopeless for me to defend myself when it was clear no one was on my side, I turned around and decided to walk away.

“Where are you going? You can’t just walk away. Not unless you admit your crime.” The girl said, suddenly standing in front of me, blocking my path.

I couldn’t believe this. For one, she demanded my key and I didn’t even hesitate to give it to her. Now, she wanted me to admit something I didn’t do. If you hadn’t noticed yet, I wasn’t the type who let people push me around, though I usually tried to avoid getting into fights. “I told you, didn’t I? I didn’t do it. Why would I admit something not of my doing?” I remarked, my voice starting to rise.

She scoffed at me upon hearing my words. “you’re raising your voice on me? So you want a fight, huh?” she suddenly answered threateningly, her expression turning really scary with her eyes growing wide and lips pursed.

However, before I could even react to what she said, Dong Hae, his expression dead serious, suddenly appeared from behind her and tapped her right shoulder. “I did it. I was the one who placed the bracelet in her locker, not her.” He said.

Everyone, including the scary girl, turned to him in surprise. “What are you talking about?” the girl asked.

And then there it was again, Dong Hae’s infamous naïve expression coupled up with a smile that showed his perfectly white teeth. “Early today, I stopped by this locker to tie my shoe. But as I did, my bracelet got stuck in one of the vent holes. So when I was trying to remove it, it fell inside.” He explained.

It was almost funny how everyone believed whatever Dong Hae said. It was obvious that he was lying, from the way he talked and from the expression on his face. but unfortunately, people just couldn’t see that. Instead, they were smiling along with Dong Hae and nodding their heads to show they understood. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter