BATTLE 5

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hello?” I finally answered my cell phone. I let out a huge sigh of relief as I heard Na Mi’s voice on the other end of the line. The two girls turned away from me as I exclaimed, “Na Mi ah!”

“Ji Na! I’m sorry for calling so early but I need to ask you to so me a favor. I left my homework at home and now I have to do it all over again.” Na Mi spoke in panic. “Can you help me? I really really need your help.”

As I listened to Na Mi’s plea, I couldn’t help overhearing what the two girls were saying. The one with the cell phone had already hanged up. “The line’s busy. Do you think a lot of people are calling him so we can’t get through?” she pondered.

The other girl nodded. “It’s possible. After all, Dong Hae’s really popular. Let’s just try again later.” She remarked as they started heading out.

“Where are you? Are you at our first class already?” I asked Na Mi when my attention got back to her.

“Yes, I am. Please hurry.” She replied, sounding desperate. She wasn’t the type who easily forgot these kinds of things so I knew how she felt.

“Don’t worry; I’ll be right there as fast as I can.” I remarked in assurance as I walked out of the comfort room and headed for our classroom.

I hanged up the phone after hearing Na Mi say “Thanks.”

On the way, I noticed people crowding over the places where I posted the notices. My first and second might not have worked, but the third was perfectly functioning.

When I reached Na Mi, boy was she beyond panicking. “I only have fifteen minutes left to finish something I did for two hours!” she exclaimed, scribbling furiously on a piece of paper.

I took a seat beside her and grabbed a piece of paper from the stack of papers on her desk. “What do you want me to do?” I asked in a very good mood. Somehow, knowing that I was succeeding really perked me up. “Do you want me to just copy my work for you?”

Na Mi stopped for a moment and smiled gratefully. “You’d do that?” She spoke, almost surprised. She of all people knew that I hated it when people copied from me. But today was different. I was in such a good mood, I didn’t even mind. I nodded in reply so she thanked me repeatedly. By the time the bell rang for class to begin, Na Mi’s homework was done.

As I listened intently to the teacher’s discussion, I felt my cell phone vibrate a couple of times. Not wanting to get in trouble for using a cell phone, I ignored it. I didn’t even try to think about who it was that kept on calling me. I just concentrated on the lesson at hand. That was until I finally got annoyed because the vibration just wouldn’t stop. Once I had enough, I shut my cell phone off.

I had days where I couldn’t focus even if I tried to, but today, it was the other way around. I was so focused with the lessons that I forgot all about my cell phone. As Na Mi and I entered the cafeteria for lunch, Meyka came up to us in a rush.

“What’s up?” Na Mi asked her in concern.

Meyka turned to me. “I’ve been calling you. Why weren’t you picking up?” she asked suddenly.

I raised my eyebrow at her. “What are you talking about? My cell phone hasn’t rung since first period.” I replied to her. But then I remembered that I turned it off so I took it out of my pocket and showed her. “Oh, I forgot. It’s off because earlier, it wouldn’t stop vibrating. Was that you calling me nonstop?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter