BATTLE 20

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon hearing Sung Min’s words, I wanted to react by saying Dong Hae couldn’t possibly be looking for attention when everyone, and I really meant everyone, knew who he was. But I stopped myself, not wanting to start an argument with him. “You seem to know Dong Hae well.” I said instead.

He took that as a compliment. He smiled proudly again. “cool guys know each other well.” He remarked.

Okay, so that would’ve sounded conceited on other guys like Dong Hae, but on Sung Min’s tongue, it sounded pretty cute. And I was about to tell him just that, when Kyu Hyun suddenly walked out of the cafeteria and called us as he caught sight of us. “Sung Min hyung! Ji Na!”

Sung Min and I, both surprised to see him so soon, looked at each other questioningly. Sung Min decided to pit our curiosity into words. “What are you doing here? Where’s Meyka?” he asked Kyu Hyun.

Kyu Hyun smiled innocently before he answered. “Well, it turns out she knows more about Calculus than I do, so I got out of there before I could humiliate myself.”

“Wait, are you saying you left Meyka alone?” Sung Min suddenly remarked, not sounding pleased at all.

“She said it was okay for me to leave, since I couldn’t help her anyway.” Kyu Hyun replied defensively, thinking that Sung Min was somewhat accusing him. “I even invited her to go find you guys but she refused, saying she was going to try to figure out her calculus by herself.”

Sung Min didn’t even say goodbye when he heard what Kyu Hyun said. He rushed towards the cafeteria without any words at all. Of course, it was obvious that he was concerned about Meyka, but Kyu Hyun was too naïve to see that.

“What’s wrong with him?” he asked me with a frown.

I smiled at his innocence. “He’s just worried about Meyka, since you left her alone. You know how much he likes her.” I answered him. “Too bad she likes someone else.”

“Really? Who can be better than hyung?” Kyu Hyun remarked, totally clueless about being involved in a set-up just a few minutes ago.

But then again, maybe I shouldn’t be the one to reveal Meyka’s feeling to him. After all, she and Sung Min probably planned another set-up and my telling him would or might ruin that. And so, I just gave him a secretive smile and said, “It’s a secret.”

And like what he said before about not being nosy, he didn’t even think about asking again for the rest of the day. In fact, I would’ve forgotten about it if he didn’t suddenly stop me from leaving after the dismissal bell rang, saying he had something to ask me. When he did, the only thing that crept into my mind was that he was still curious about Meyka’s other guy.

But I was wrong because he didn’t ask about that. Instead, he said, “Okay, so I was being very dramatic earlier about you and I having a chance to talk only at school, but, is it okay for me to ask for your number?”

“That’s it?” I asked, laughing a bit. “And here I thought you were going to say that you’re going into priesthood or something serious. Here you go.” I took out a piece of paper from my notebook (I tend to insert a lot of papers in my notebook.) and handed it to him after writing my number.

He grinned and said thanks before he left the room with a wave. I decided to look for Na Mi and try to patch things up with her.

As I walked along the hallway, I noticed people putting up pink posters on the walls. That was when it hit me. Tomorrow was Valentine ’s Day, and based on my experienc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter