BATTLE 33

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn’t just Sung Min who was angry at the moment. In fact, everyone except for Dong Hae was crowding towards Kyu Hyun with an angered expression on his face. it was just like what happened during their first game, except it was Kyu Hyun instead of Sung Min, who was being pressured. I guessed that the whole team had Dong Hae’s back all the time.

“What’s wrong with you, Kyu Hyun” Sung Min continued to ask him, still not changing his tone. “I know you’re mad at Dong Hae, but this is a game. We’ve all agreed as a team to set aside personal issues when we’re inside the court. If you can’t control your emotions, then I can’t let you go back to the court.”

While Sung Min was talking, Kyu Hyun was just looking at the ground. But when Sung Min finished, Kyu Hyun looked up and faced Sung Min. “Set aside personal issues? Was that what you did in our first game? Was that hat you did in our first game when you refused to let Dong Hae play?” he revealed to everyone. “That’s not what you did. You were overcome with your desire to meet Meyka that you agreed not to let Dong Hae play, even if it would bring us to our first loss.”

Everyone who heard was surprised by Kyu Hyun’s revelation, even Sung Min and me though we already knew about it. I guessed it was because we never thought that he would rat us out liker that. And Sung Min, having heard that, became even more angered. Luckily, Meyka was sitting on the front row. She instantly stood up and hurried to Sung Min before he could do something irrational, like attacking Kyu Hyun.

“Yah, Cho Kyu Hyun, don’t bring up the past. The incident that happened in the first game was already resolved. Why don’t you just sit quietly if you can’t control your emotions?” Meyka remarked defendingly.

Probably seeing that he had no chance of winning, Kyu Hyun suddenly pushed past the people from his left and started to walk towards the exit of the gym. As he did, everyone was murmuring among themselves. Those who were seated where they couldn’t possibly hear what Sung Min and Kyu Hyun were saying were all wondering why Kyu Hyun left the court. The others who have heard were reacting to the fight between the teo, knowing how close those two were to each other and how the team was going to win after losing one of the best players.

I turned to see how Dong hae was taking this, since he was the cause of all these. But typical Dong Hae, he wasn’t even a bit upset. Instead, he had a smile on his face as he looked at me. He seemed to be reminding me of something. Then I remembered. He wanted me to use my banner now.

Na Mi, whose focus also turned to Dong Hae, suddenly asked me what Dong Hae was saying. “Why is he looking at you like that?” she said with a confused expression. I didn’t answer her, but in turn, I moved my eyes towards the banner on my lap for her to notice. “What’s that?”

“Promise me you won’t laugh.” I said as I slowly started unrolling it. She didn’t answer. She just continued to look at the banner as I opened it. When she finally saw the words written, she burst out laughing. It was a good thing the time-out was over so everyone was back to cheering for the team that they weren’t able to hear Na Mi’s laughter. “Yah, I told you not to laugh!”

She didn’t stop. “Copme on, use it now. Maybe it’ll encourage Dong hae to win this game for us.” she responded as she tried to raise my hands that gripped the ends of the banner.

“No, let’s wait for later.” I spoke, not wanting to embarrass myself just yet.

“Are you crazy? Don’t you want the team to win?” I she asked me as she continued to move my hands upward.

Seeing how I had to do it anyway, I lifted my banner for all to see. And for a few seconds, no one seemed to notice it. But then Dong Hae was able to shoot. And after he did, he turned to me and signaled a thumbs-up sign with his right hand, causing everyone to look towards me in curiosity. I knew that he did that in purpose.

As eyes darted towards me, the people were reacting differently. Some were cheering excitedly, convinced that I was serious when I agreed to be Dong Hae’s girlfriend. Some were looking at Na Mi, probably expecting her to feel bad or something along those lines. But what really c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter