BATTLE 52

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon hearing those words from Na Mi, my first response was, maybe I was in a dream, a nightmare. I mean, how could Na Mi say something like that after those words she told me yesterday? It just didn’t make any sense. And so, I pinched myself hard to see if I would wake up. But I didn’t.

My next assumption was, maybe it wasn’t Na Mi talking to Dong Hae right now. Maybe it was actually Se Ri, and I just saw it wrong. Opening the door a little wider, a cracking sound came out, causing the two people in the room to turn towards me in surprise. And when they did, I was able to confirm, it really was Na Mi.

There was an awkward silence between the three of us for a moment there. I decided to be the one to break it. “What’s going on?” I asked them, pretending to not have overheard what Na Mi just said. Who knew, maybe I misunderstood. But I had a feeling I didn’t.

When I said that, I was really expecting Na Mi to cover up her actions. After all, she was betraying me. it was better to do something like that behind my back, wasn’t it? But no, I was wrong. She suddenly looked at me with an expression that said, ‘You came just in time.’ “I was telling Dong Hae about how we succeeded in making him a fool.” She spoke, her tone cold as ice.

As she spoke, Dong Hae turned his eyes towards me. He looked like he was checking my face for any sign of assurance that Na Mi was lying. But I was never good at faking my expressions, and Na Mi probably knew that so she was glad I came. Still, I tried to deny it. After all, what I said to Dong Hae yesterday was really true. Maybe, just maybe, I could convince him. “What do you mean?” I responded to Na Mi.

“What I mean is, I’ve already told him about how toy managed to get revenge on him by making him fall for you. he really believes you like him as much as he likes you after all those plans we made, isn’t that great?” she continued, looking straight into my eyes as she was stabbing my heart. She then turned back to Dong Hae. “What you did for her yesterday was really sweet, by the way. Saying you like her after she told you she likes you.”

Dong Hae stood up from his seat and turned away from me, as if already convinced that Na Mi was really telling the truth. Starting to walk towards the door, he finally spoke. “Congratulations then. You managed to do what you wanted to do. I hope you’re happy now.”

And with that, he left the room. As soon as he did, I felt tears form behind my eyes. “What did you just do?!” I exclaimed angrily at Na Mi.

With Dong Hae out of the room, Na Mi’s expression turned different, from being cold and confident, she looked like she was about to cry any minute. But surprisingly, she answered me with firm strong voice. “Why are you so worked up about what I just did? Didn’t you agree when we planned the whole thing?”

I shook my head in disbelief. “That was before, Na Mi. Didn’t you listen to a word I said to you yesterday?” I shot at her as tears started trickling down my cheeks. “You even told me I was already in love with him. And that you wouldn’t be against us if I continued with my feelings. How could you do this to me?”

“You said yesterday that you’ve just started liking him. You wouldn’t accept my theory. If that’s really true, then you don’t have to worry about losing Dong Hae because you’ll get over it easily.” She responded, not even showing a hint of concern about hurting me, the best friend she claimed to never turn away from no matter what. But then she probably noticed my sense of being betrayed because her expression suddenly became softer, like she was sympathizing with me now. “Look, I’m sorry for what I just did. I know that I seem like a bad person right now, but you have to understand me. When you first told me about our plan, I asked myself, ‘could I really stand seeing my best friend fall in love or even just pretend to fall in love with the guy I lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter