BATTLE 3

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was no surprise to me when I got to school the next day that about 85% of the people around me were eyeing me suspiciously. Like I said before, Dong Hae, being one of the hottest guys in school, had always been influential. And so, having reputation been labeled as someone who planned to ruin his, I was now hated by the majority.

And to add another thing, someone started another rumor about me, saying I sabotaged my own best friend’s romance just because I couldn’t be together with Dong Hae. Because of this rumor, I got a hate letter from Dong Hae’s fan club (told you he was influential). They wrote that I should stop meddling on other people’s lives, how I should’ve valued my friendship with Na Mi, and said that Dong Hae was just right when he dumped me.

It was really annoying how a plan could backfire and hit you twice as hard. Who would’ve thought I’d fail with my plan when I thought that I made it perfectly? And now that it backfired on me, I couldn’t even find a way to get away from it. I couldn’t just tell everyone it wasn’t true because I knew for a fact that no one would believe me.

“I have to figure out a way to get him back.” I told Na Mi as I instantly showed her the letter upon entering our classroom.

Na Mi took some time to read the letter before responding. “How could they say such mean things about you? they don’t even know you personally. I can’t believe people can be so horrible.” She commented with a frown.

“They’re really stupid. How could they hate me for doing something like spread rumors? Everyone else does it anyway, and they’re doing it to me now. What’s so special about Dong Hae?” I let out, not bothering to care whether the other people in the room could hear me or not. “I mean, Dong Hae broke up with you, isn’t that supposed to make him bad?”

“Yah, people might hear you.” Na Mi warned as I took my seat.

“Who cares? My situation can’t get any worse anyway.” I remarked. “Dong Hae’s just too popular.”

Suddenly, an idea popped into my head. He enjoyed being popular, didn’t he? After all, he was using it to counter my attack. And so, I’d help him become even more popular. Taking out my cell phone while the teacher hadn’t arrived yet, I checked my phone book for his number. As expected, it was there. If you’re wondering why, well, it was because of Na Mi. she said that I had to keep his number so that if I couldn’t reach her on her own number, I could just call him, since they were always together.

Tearing a piece of paper from my notebook, I wrote down his number and placed it in my pocket. “I’m such a genius.” I exclaimed to myself.

“Why? Have you figured something out?” Na Mi asked, as she turned to me with a curious expression.

I nodded as I gave her a playful smile. “Dong Hae is going to be ten times more popular soon.” I noticed how she seemed a bit happier today as compared to yesterday. “Hey, why are you suddenly looking better? Did I miss something?”

Now it was her turn to smile. “Why wouldn’t I cheer up when I see my best friend getting herself damaged just because she wants me to feel better? I really appreciate how you’re trying to defend me from Dong Hae, Ji Na.”

Just then, our teacher came in so our conversation was cut short. I took out my book and tried to listen intently to what the teac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter