BATTLE 19

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone’s eyes turned to me and Kyu Hyun upon hearing what Dong Hae said. And, as if we were shooting a movie, they waited for my reaction. Somehow, because of that, I finally realized why Dong Hae had that glint in his eye earlier. He wanted me to be in this situation, where I couldn’t think of what to say or do. Sure enough, his plan worked. I really didn’t know how to respond to what Dong Hae said. I couldn’t act happy because that would make me look like I actually wanted him to like me. Yet I couldn’t act mad either since Se Ri and her troops were present.

Luckily, Kyu Hyun seemed to notice my problem and came to my aid. “What’s your point in saying that?” he asked, turning to Dong Hae with a not-so-happy expression on his face. Dong Hae just shrugged at that, probably thinking Kyu Hyun was playing around. But he was really serious. “No, seriously, I don’t see why you had to say it out loud.”

Upon hearing the seriousness in Kyu Hyun’s voice, Dong Hae too, turned serious. “What’s wrong with telling people I like Ji Na?” he asked him in a daring tone. It was like he wanted a fight.

“Actually, there’s nothing wrong with doing something like that, if you mean what you say.” Kyu Hyun shot back at him.

That really got to Dong Hae, for some reason. “Who are you to judge me? How can you be sure that I’m actually lying?” he answered him.

Knowing that Kyu Hyun would have a hard time countering that, I decided to help him. “You’re right. He doesn’t have the right to judge you. But I do, and you know what I think? I think you’re lying.” I remarked bravely, despite the fact that everyone’s eyes were still on me. “You’re waiting for my reaction, right? So here it is. I don’t care whether what you just said was true or not because no matter what, I’ll hate you so leave me alone.”

I was never really the type of person who talked bad to people. In fact, I always tried to consider other’s feelings before I said something to them. But somehow, I couldn’t stop myself as I let out each word. I guessed the way he treated Kyu Hyun irked me more than it should have. And when I realized what I did, it was too late to take them back so I just held onto Kyu Hyun and pulled him out of there.

When we reached a deserted room, I walked inside and Kyu Hyun followed behind. As I took my seat, I looked at him with seriousness. “Did I sound too harsh to Dong Hae?” I asked him, afraid that I appeared evil in the eyes of everyone.

One thing about Kyu Hyun was, he was always honest when talking to me. “You were. That probably left a scar on him.” He answered, making me feel really bad. And when he noticed that, he added something else. “But he definitely deserved it, because he wants you to get into trouble.”

“Yeah, he probably wanted me to be attacked by his stupid fan club.” I agreed, finally smiling. “Thanks for helping me.”

He smiled back at me. “Of course I had to. I gave a promise not to doubt you anymore, didn’t I? That’s why I defended you, knowing you’re telling the truth.” He responded.

Suddenly, Kyu Hyun’s cell phone began to ring. He hesitated from picking up the phone but I insisted. “Pick it up, it might be important.”

“Hello?” he asked the caller, sounding a bit irritated. “What? Why?”

As Kyu Hyun talked to the person on the other end, I wondered who could it be so I mouthed the words, “Who is it?”

But by that time, the conversation was finished so Kyu Hyun put down his phone and answered me. “It’s Sung Min. He wants me to go to the cafeteria right now for something urgent.”

I checked my watch and frowned at him. “Don’t we have class which started three minutes ago?” I asked him, st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter