BATTLE 49

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What was wrong with me? Why was my heart beating fast as I thought of what happened during lunch with Dong Hae? Could I actually like him now? No, it couldn’t be, I couldn’t fall for the enemy. But then again, with the way Na Mi acted earlier, it seemed as if she wanted me to go for Dong Hae. Was it possible that Na Mi had finally forgiven Dong Hae and was now helping him to be happy?

As I walked away from my locker to start heading home, I found myself deep in thought. But then suddenly, I felt someone place a hand on my left shoulder, causing me to turn around and see who it was. It was Kyu Hyun, and he was looking at me with a concerned expression though a smile formed on his lips. “Are you alright? You look problematic.” He spoke.

I returned his smile. “I’m fine. I’ve just been thinking.” I answered him as we started walking together.

“Thinking about what?” he asked. “Let me guess. You’re still thinking of your revenge on Dong Hae, aren’t you?”

I looked at him in awe. “How did you know?” I remarked. “Am I that predictable? Or is it because you know me very well?”

He grinned at that. “Well, a little bit of both. See, ever since I met you, you were always occupied with this revenge business of yours.” He replied. “So, what’s bothering you right now? Your plan seems to be working fine.”

I raised my brow at him as we walked out of the school. “What’s with you today? No, wait, it’s not only you. What’s with you and Na Mi? Na Mi was supposed to be extremely mad at me earlier because I wanted to ignore Dong Hae. But instead, she seemed happy and was even trying to convince me that I liked Dong Hae now. And you, a few days ago, you were looking at me with anger because you said you didn’t like how I was going about this revenge issue.” I let out.

“You’re right. I really didn’t like what you’re doing. And even now, I don’t think it’s the right thing for you to do. But since you want me to be your friend, I figured I should support you, no matter what. That’s what friends are for, isn’t it? And who knows, maybe Na Mi has figured out the same thing.” He replied with a smile.

By what he said, I wondered if he meant that Na Mi was already approved of me and Dong Hae together, thinking that I really liked Dong Hae. “So you’re saying that Na Mi might actually want me to like Dong Hae now?” I asked him, trying to confirm what I was thinking about before he came up to me.

Unfortunately, before Kyu Hyun could answer that, someone from behind me suddenly called me. Though from the voice, I already had an idea who it was, I still turned to see who it was to be sure. And I was right, it was Lee Dong Hae.

As my heart started pounding rapidly again, he looked at me with a raised brow. “Have you forgotten something?” he spoke.

That was when I remembered that he and I were supposed to be walking home together. Turning to Kyu Hyun with an apologetic smile, I told him I had to go. “I’m sorry for cutting our conversation short, but I need to go.”

He nodded in understanding. “Good luck with your business.” He said before he started walking away.

Once he was gone, I turned back to Dong Hae, who in turn started walking towards me. “Do you have any idea how many rules you’ve broken so far?” he asked me as he grabbed my hand and started walking with me.

Normally, I would be irritated by his actions. But surprisingly, I wasn’t. I guessed it was because I was too busy trying to stop my racing heart beat as it continued due to his touch. “O-of course,” I answered, trying to sound confident. “Three.”

He shook his head and raised his hand with five fingers up. “It’s five. You didn’t go home with me yest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter