BATTLE 24

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No, it couldn’t be from Lee Dong Hae, because from what I realized, there was a rose with his chocolates. But then again, I wasn’t sure if it was from Kyu Hyun either, since he wasn’t answering his phone. I decided to worry about it later as I walked home. However, as I placed my books inside, I found a rose buried underneath a pile of folders. I guessed my locker was too messy so I wasn’t able to notice it quickly. And because of the presence of the rose, I was certain it that it was Dong Hae who placed it there.

“Ji Na ah,” Na Mi suddenly called me as she stood behind me. I turned around to face her. “Look, about earlier, I’m sorry I overreacted. I just told you yesterday that I would be fine if you decide to go out with him yet there I was, acting all jealous when there wasn’t really anything going on.”

Seeing how freaked out Na Mi already was when she assumed Dong Hae and I had something going on earlier, I couldn’t let her that Dong Hae was the one who gave me these gifts or else she’d definitely get hurt. And being preoccupied by that thought, I just waved my hand dismissively. “That’s alright, you don’t have to apologize.”

As I was talking, I attempted to hide the gifts behind my back. But Na Mi was too keen not to notice. “What are you hiding behind you?” she asked, trying to catch a glimpse.

Knowing that I couldn’t possibly continue hiding these anymore, I decided to shoe it to her and just think of an alibi. “These?” I asked back, showing her the box of chocolates and a rose. “They’re presents from Kyu Hyun.”

I couldn’t help but feel good about having thought of that alibi. “You mean, he gave something to you? I knew it!” she remarked cheerfully, not even suspecting my alibi. “After you left so quickly earlier during lunch, Kyu Hyun explained that the roses he was holding were from Sung Min and that he was just the person who delivered them. And after that, Sung Min arrived with another present for Meyka.”

That was all I needed to hear to make me feel excited again. Kyu Hyun didn’t like Meyka at all. As Na Mi and I walked home, we discussed on the chances of Kyu Hyun lkiking me.

“I really think he likes you, Ji Na. Think about it. He didn’t give anyone else anything. Just you.” She reasoned.

Well, technically, Kyu Hyun didn’t give me anything yet. But he did say he was going to give me something so that counted as something. “But you’re not really sure if he gave someone else a rose or maybe even jewelry.” I pointed out, though I was hoping that wasn’t possible.

“You are so dense, you know that? How can you not notice when someone likes you?” she remarked, hitting my arm lightly.

“I’m not dense.” I complained. “I’m just making sure that I’m not jumping into conclusions. I don’t want to think that he likes me just because he’s giving me something, because that doesn’t prove anything. I want a bigger proof.”

After that, we went our own ways. As I walked home, I couldn’t help thinking about Kyu Hyun. Why wasn’t he answering my call? Could it be he was mad at me? But it wasn’t like I did something, did I? Maybe I should try to call him again, and ask him, instead of asking myself.

Taking out my cell phone as I entered the house, I suddenly noticed that I had a new message. Somehow, I already had a clue on who it was, and I was right. It was Kyu Hyun, explaining why he couldn’t answer his phone. “Hey, I’m sorry I couldn’t answer your call earlier. I was in the middle of talking to someone. But I left something in your locker. Did you see it?”

When I read his message, the first thing that came into my mind was, who did Kyu Hyun talk to that he couldn’t excuse himself for even a short while to talk to me? But then another thought cros

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter