BATTLE 41

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as I saw Se Ri’s name, I pressed the ‘cancel’ button, not wanting to talk to her. But once I did, after a second, she started calling again. And so, I pressed ‘cancel’ again. But for the third time, she called again. Annoyed, I rejected her call and before she could call again, I dialed my number.

Dong Hae answered after four rings. “Yah, why isn’t my number saved under ‘hubby’?” he immediately complained upon answering. And as if that wasn’t enough, before I could speak, he added another insult. “And what kind of ring tone do you have? It’s horrible.”

“Yah! Stop complaining. It wasn’t my idea to switch phones in the first place. If you’re not happy with my phone, give it back.” I retorted, irritated by him and Se Ri’s continuous calls. “Anyway, I didn’t call you for nothing. Se Ri’s been calling you nonstop. What do I do?”

“Answer it.” he replied simply, as if my question was just a simple yes or no question.

He probably forgot the fact that Se Ri and I couldn’t possibly communicate because of him. “Are you crazy? If I answer the call instead of you, she’d get mad!” I reminded him.

But he still didn’t see anything wrong with his answer. “Why would she? It’s natural for my girlfriend to answer my phone, isn’t it? I’m answering your calls too and so far no one complained about it.” he remarked.

That made me forget the Se Ri situation for a moment. “Wait, did you just say you answered my call?” I asked, hoping I heard it wrong. I mean, he couldn’t possibly be that mean, right?

“I did, why, is there anything wrong?” he asked, sounding naïve.

I felt my temper suddenly go up. “Anything wrong? Yah! You’re ruining my privacy. I don’t answer the calls you get so it’s only fair that you don’t either.” I told him, trying to be calm about it. What if Na Mi called? She would only get hurt talking to an idiot like him.

“So go and answered them. It’s not as if I’m forbidding you to do so.” He said in reply. “And besides, your friend didn’t seem to mind me answering. We even had a conversation.”

My friend? Who could it be? Na Mi? Kyu Hyun? “Who was that friend of mine?” I asked, suddenly anxious to know. Could it be Na Mi, and they talked about their past? Or maybe it was Kyu Hyun, and they talked about me? But that wasn’t possible, I wasn’t the type to be the one to cause guys to fight with each other, was I?

“Well, he’s someone I know so don’t worry about us fighting.” He said, as if he already knew what I was thinking. “We just had a little talk about this girl he likes.”

My heart started beating fast. He was talking about Kyu Hyun, I was sure of it now. He probably told Kyu Hyu not to call anymore because he was my boyfriend. “How could you do that? Do you see me stopping you from seeing or talking to Se Ri?” I exclaimed angrily.

“Yah, what are you talking about?” he asked I a confused tone.

But of course, I knew better than to believe his acting. “I’m talking about how you told him not to see me anymore just because you’re jealous.” I told him so he couldn’t pretend to be innocent anymore.

And instead of feeling guilty, he started laughing. “Why would I tell Sung Min not to see you when he doesn’t even like you more than a friend?” he remarked, as if I just said a stupid thing. “Ardent you conceited? Do you think he likes you that way?”

I felt myself blush in embarrassment. It was a good thing he couldn’t see me. Who would’ve thought Sung Min would call me when he never called me before? “I-I was just testing you. The truth is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter