BATTLE 38

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon reaching my locker, I opened my mouth to ask Kyu Hyun what he was doing there. But before I could say anything, he suddenly extended his hands towards me. “Here, take it.” he said, his eyes fixed on the ground.

“What’s this?’ I asked, though I already had an idea what it was already. It was just that I couldn’t understand why he would still give me this after the fight we had yesterday.

“It’s the fried rice we were cooking yesterday. After you left, I continued making it.” he answered, still unable to meet my eyes. He placed the box in my hands.

Since I was right about it being a lunchbox, I returned it to him just as he placed it in my hands. “I’m sorry, but I can’t take this.” I told him, trying my best to sound nice since it was really sweet of him to do this. But I had two reasons why I couldn’t accept it. the first was because I already knew how hurt he was when he found out I was cooking for Dong Hae, what more if I were to give something he made to Dong Hae? The second reason was because if I accepted this, it would mean I was willing to forgive him already, which I didn’t think was ready to, after being accused of being a liar.

Finally, he lifted his head and faced me. “No, you should. Look, I’m really sorry about yesterday if that’s what’s stopping you from taking this. I was upset so I ended up saying things that weren’t really true. No, rather, I was wrong. I just thought you’ve changed but I realized that you didn’t after all. You’re still doing this for Na Mi, even though I don’t like the method you’re using now.” He said, once again placing the box in my hands. “Don’t worry. I’m not asking for a deal. I just don’t want to waste food.”

Then he started walking away, probably thinking that if he didn’t, I would give the lunchbox back to him. Once he was gone, I opened my locker and took out my books. As I did, I debated upon myself on whether or not I should give Kyu Hyun’s fried rice to Dong Hae. After all, it was probably, no, definitely a hundred times better than mine. But then again, if I gave him Kyu Hyun’s, he might find out, plus it would hurt Kyu Hyun’s feelings.

Closing my locker, Dong Hae was suddenly standing beside me. It was a good thing I already kept the lunchbox Kyu Hyun gave me. “Where’s my food?” he asked excitedly, somewhat similar to a child who was anxious to receive his presents.

Since I still hadn’t decided on which of the two I could give him, I made an excuse. “Yah, why are you asking for your lunch so early in the morning? Look for me later when it’s lunch period.” I remarked, turning away from him and walking towards my first class. He continued to follow me so I once again looked at his direction. “If you’re going to be annoying, I won’t give you any food later.”

Hearing that, he stopped walking and smiled innocently. “I’ll see you later then.” He replied.

During class, Na Mi noticed me being unusually inattentive in the discussion. “What’s wrong? It looks as if you’re planning something big.” She commented in a whisper as the teacher wrote something on the board.

I took a piece of paper from my notebook and wrote, “I’m in big trouble. I bragged about being a great cook to Dong Hae last Saturday. And because of that, he asked me to cook for him.” I passed the note to her under my table.

Upon reading my note, her eyes widened as she wrote a response. “What?! But you can’t cook.” She passed the note back to me.

“Actually, I already cooked something. But it’s not very pleasing to the eyes (and maybe even to the taste buds). But the thing is, Kyu Hyun brought me a lunch box that looks so much better.” I explained in details.

“Then go and give Kyu Hyun’s to Dong Hae!” she wrote so quickly, as if the solution was really that easy. Then she passed the note to me again with a raised brow, as if to say I was overreacting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter