BATTLE 27

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Step # 1, you should learn Dong Hae’s schedule, because the more times you bump into him, the better.” Na Mi was saying as we ate our lunch. “Luckily, I still know it so I’ll write it down for you.”

She handed me the piece of paper after writing it. And when I saw it, my jaw dropped. It was so detailed, even including his time to go home and when he reaches the house. “Don’t tell me you were stalking him when you guys were together.” I exclaimed, looking at her, wide-eyed.

“Then I won’t.” she responded with a sheepish smile. “Anyway, as you can see there, he’s going to be here in about,” she paused to check her watch, then continued, “five minutes, so before he comes, let’s try to come up with a plan for you to approach him.”

I looked around, checking for Se Ri’s presence in the cafeteria. Sure enough, she was there, chatting with one of her fellow obsessed Dong Hae fans. “I want something that would make her get out of here once she sees it.” I told Na Mi, feeling my anger rising upon remembering what she did to me.

Remember when I said Na Mi and I possessed the same kind of evil minds? Well, here was a proof. “That’s easy. You can do that just by talking to Dong Hae in front of her.” She remarked simply. “But here’s what you’ve got to do,” she went back to the topic, taking something from her pocket. “This is Dong Hae’s watch. When we became a couple, I took it from him, telling him that as long as I have this with me, he can never have a girlfriend. Tell him that I asked you to send this back to him because I’m ready to let him go.”

I tried to look at Na Mi as she said that, and from what I saw, behind the smile she was showing me as she spoke, I knew that it was painful for her to say it. “Are you serious?” I asked with a frown, feeling like Na Mi didn’t need to do this for me.

“Of course, why wouldn’t I be?” she replied, still smiling as she placed the watch in my hand. “Now go. And don’t even think about bickering in the middle of your conversation.”

Seeing how she really seemed sincere with her words, I smiled too, and stood up from my seat. At exactly the same time, Dong Hae and Eun Hyuk entered the cafeteria. I slowly walked up to them, hoping we’d meet at a point where Se Ri would have a very very clear view of us.

“Dong Hae!” I called as I approached him. I never really called him that way so it felt a bit awkward. But nevertheless, it got his attention. And he sure was surprised at my sudden friendliness. “Hi, I just wanted to give this to you for Na Mi.” I remarked in a friendly tone. He looked at me with a raised brow, but didn’t say anything. I decided to say something more. “And to apologize for losing my temper on you earlier.”

Eun Hyuk was really surprised by what I said. But before he could utter anything, Dong Hae suddenly grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards the exit. “I’ll be right back.” He told Eun Hyuk as he did.

As he pulled me, I tried to see how Se Ri was reacting. And to my delight, she was glaring at us. it took a lot of effort for me not to laugh. Well, not really, because I was busy trying to pull away from Dong Hae’s grip. “Where are you taking me?” I demanded when we were already in the hallway.

He stopped walking and turned to me. “I’m taking you to the school clinic.” He answered in a serious-yet-not-very tone.

“What?! Why are you talking me to the clinic?” I remarked, finally free from his hand.

“Because you’re ill.” He responded simply.

I gave him a glare. “Just because I’m trying to be in better terms with you doesn’t mean I’m ill!” I pointed out to him. But he still looked at me unconvinced so I tried to defend myself. “Look, I just want to be friends with you, because I realized that your break-up with Na Mi wasn’t really your fault.” (Yeah right!)

“But it is my fault.” He suddenly admitted with a smirk.

Why was it whenever I wanted Dong Hae to do something, he always did the opposite? For a long time now, I had wanted him to admit his fault on his break-up with Na Mi in front of people, but he never did. And now that I was trying to get him to lie, he was actually telling the truth. “Well, then I forgive you.” I retorted, starting to once again, be irritated.

And being a big jerk, Dong Hae was once again using my words against me. “Wait, but you’re the one apologizing, so why would you forgive me?” he said, his smirk turning into a mischievou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter