BATTLE 16

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you talking about?” the words came out of my lips so quickly. From the sincerity of her tone, I was thinking she would be saying something true for once since our conversation started. But I guessed she just had to lie.

“You’re the reason why we broke up, Ji Na. Dong Hae didn’t just break up with me because he was tired of playing with my affections. It was because he didn’t want to lead me on, when in reality, he liked someone else. He liked you.” Na Mi remarked, not noticing my mood changing back to being angry. When she did notice, she went back to convincing me what she was saying was true. “I swear I’m telling you the truth, Ji Na. Dong Hae really likes you. in fact, he’s not the one who countered your attacks on him.”

When she said that, it finally hit me why she was forcing me to believe her. “I get it. You’re trying to convince me that Dong Hae likes me so that I would stop battling him, aren’t you?” I asked her suspiciously. I continued on, not waiting for her answer. “If you think I’ll stop upon finding out these things, you’re wrong. So why don’t you just stop with these lies?”

She let out a sigh. “What’s wrong with you? I though you trust me as a best friend, so why won’t you believe me?” She returned. “Please, Ji Na. Believe me this once. Do you think this is easy for me to say? Do you have any idea how hard it was when I found out it was you, my best friend, who was the reason for my heart break? And what’s worse is I couldn’t tell anyone about it.”

“Then why are you telling me about it then?” I shot back at her.

“Because I’m tired of hiding it from you.” she answered. “I’m tired of seeing you get hurt because of trying to protect me. Do you want to know the truth? For a moment, I was enjoying how Se Ri was countering your every move. But can you really blame me for that? I mean, think about it, Ji Na. What would you do if you were in my shoes? Wouldn’t you do the same thing?”

What would I do if the guy I liked was in love with my best friend? Maybe I would feel betrayed if that happened to me, but I didn’t believe I could choose my boyfriend over her. But then again, I wasn’t sure either so maybe she had a point there. Still, I didn’t believe her about Dong Hae though. And so, I thought of a way to compromise. “Fine, so you want me to believe you, right?” I asked her, already aware that she would nod at that. When she did, I told her my decision. “Then prove to me that it’s true. Let’s talk to Dong Hae tomorrow.”

Na Mi didn’t agree to that though. In fact, she instantly reacted against it. “No, we can’t do that. Dong Hae doesn’t want me to say anything to you. if we ask him about it, he’ll definitely lie about it.” She remarked.

“Then I’m sorry, Na Mi. I can’t believe you if you can’t show any proofs.” I told her, starting to walk ahead of her.

“Wait!” Na Mi suddenly called out to me. “I’ll prove it to you in another way. Just give me time. I’ll show you that he really does have feelings for you, even if he doesn’t say it.”

I raised my brow at her as I turned back to face her. “How would you do that?” I asked.

“Just follow what I ask you to do tomorrow.” She answered, smiling for the first time. “And I promise you, I’m not going to make a fool out of you. if I do, then youcan throw away our friendship.”

I knew that I would be stupid if I still accepted Na Mi’s offer after it was already proven that she had betrayed me. But somehow, I couldn’t refuse, after rememberi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter