BATTLE 29

Battling With A Hot Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Na Mi and I headed outside campus to meet with Meyka, I couldn’t help thinking about what Sung Min said. He guaranteed that Kyu Hyun’s feelings for me were genuine. And if that was the case, then there wasn’t supposed to be any problem anymore, right? Because that would mean we liked each other. But there was a problem. He tricked me, and I couldn’t forgive him for that. At least not at the moment.

When we were about to get there, Meyka was already glancing at her words. That meant she had been there for about three minutes because that was a habit of hers when she was idle for more than a minute. When she saw us, she waved at us and signaled us to hurry and tell her.

“So tell me now.” She demanded as soon as we were in front of her.

Na Mi and I looked at each other in question of who would speak first. I nodded at her to say that she be the one. For someone reason, I had a feeling that Meyka would be upset after she heard it. Na Mi cleared before she spoke. “Se Ri paid Kyu Hyun so he would make Ji Na fall for him.” she finally said.

For a minute there, Meyka’s face was blank. But when it sank in. she immediately frowned and exclaimed, “what?! Are you being serious?!” And Na Mi answered that with a nod. Meyka’s jaw dropped. “Kyu Hyun actually believed that annoying crazy girl? How can he be so stupid?”

“Well, he probably needed some money.” Na Mi remarked. “I mean, Se Ri did pay him, right? So it’s all about the money.”

“If he needed money, he could’ve just come to me. I would’ve given it to him without asking for something like that.” Meyka joined in with a frown. “So what are you guys planning to do now?”

Na Mi smiled mischievously. “Ji Na and I gave it a thought and decided that it’s not Kyu Hyun who’s to blame but instead, it’s Se Ri. And what better to make her learn a lesson than to beat her on her own game? And so, we’re going to do just that.” She explained to Meyka.

But Meyka didn’t seem to understand that. “How are you going to do that?” she asked as we started walking.

“We’re going to make Dong Hae fall for Ji Na.” Na Mi exclaimed with a smirk. “After all, that’s what this is all about for Se Ri, anyway. She takes it as if it were a game. And so, we’re going to beat her on her own game.”

Meyka frowned and turned to me. “you agreed to that?” she asked me in tone as if I just agreed to join a sorority.

I nodded. “Of course. Se Ri deserves to feel hurt after what she did to Na Mi. to me. to you.” I remarked, trying to justify my decision. “And besides, it isn’t like we’re doing something evil here. We’re just going to give Dong hae a taste of his own medicine too, since he played with Na Mi’s heart.”

“Well, have you ever given it a thought that maybe Dong Hae didn’t really play with Na Mi? What if he just thought he could love Na Mi back, that was why he asked her to be his girlfriend? What if he really tried but he just couldn’t?” Meyka pointed out, tapping my conscience.

But I didn’t falter. I knew I made a right decision. “Those are just ‘what ifs’. I heard Dong Hae admit to his mistake earlier today.” I told her. “just think about it, Meyka. What we’re doing isn’t really wrong. We’re just trying to protect ourselves. If we let them get away with all their deceitful ways, then they will continue doing them to us.”

Meyka shook her head. “I don’t think that would stop them at all.” She remarked with a cynical tone. “I think you’re just going to make things worse. What you’re doing is feeding the flame when you should be killing it. But I guess we have our own opinions, right? Look, you guys are the ones to decide anyway, so you don’t have to convince me. But my advice, give it a lot of thought before you put it to action, okay?”

After that, Meyka and Na Mi had to go their own ways so we bid goodbye to each other. But when I got home, Na Mi called me on the phone to talk about our plans for tomorrow’s lunch.

“So this is what we’re going to do. Eun Hyuk and I will try to get o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter