Y - Present for Kangshik

Coup D'etat

I drove back to my office after dropped Junmyeon in his mansion; I need to solve the hacked system and the binary code. I wondered if the system has been fixed—and Minyoung is done with the chopped body. I parked my car and went inside the building.

“Hello, Yeonhyo,” said Kangshik. “I read the newspaper today. Read,” he gave me a newspaper—the new one from today.

 

ASIA TODAY

June 12th 2012

Han Coal Mining and Steel Industries’ Owner—Han Yeongshik Spoke About His Daughter

Finally, the owner of Han Coal Mining and Steel Industries—Han Yeongshik spoke about his daughter who has been caught on camera by a media with his partner’s son—Luhan.

“She’s a nice girl, but this is my first time seeing her acted like that,” he said in his calm voice. “And they are fiancee—yes, they know each other since they’re still in elementary. She’s nice, don’t worry—and maybe the media got misunderstood. Their marriage will be held in July 31,” he said again still in his calm style.

Han Yeonhyo was the daughter of Han Yeongshik and Lee Kangrin. Lee Kangrin killed by gangsters according to Yeonhyo’s story in 1998 when she’s 7 years old in Korean Age. She was the only eyewitness in that case. She went to study in Russia then according to Han Yeongshik’s statement—she met Luhan and became friends. She took acceleration classes since elementary until high school and graduated with high scores when she was only 15. She went to the Great Britain and took Law Faculty in Oxford and graduated when she was 17 and continued with Law Master Degree in Oxford and graduated in age of 19. She went to a Police Academy in New York and sent as a transfer student to Russia. She graduated at the age of 20—this January. She went back to Korea and received a job as a first-degree Police and Detective in Seoul’s Crime Lab.

 

“They wrote my short biography,” I said—gave the newspaper back to Kangshik. “They’re my secret fans, psst. Oh—where’s Minyoung?”

“Hey,” Minyoung greeted me. “I heard you’re looking for me. What’s up? Oh, your dad visited me this morning—asked me about you but I didn’t reply—I replied ‘idk’ and he left soon as I said idk. You seems tired, so how’s your day?” she asked. “Coffee?” she gave me a plastic cup of coffee (the big sized one you usually found in Starbucks).

“Thanks,” I took the coffee from Minyoung’s hand. “Well, Junmyeon was nice and not as arrogant as other people said,” I smiled—“and he’s not as stupid as other people said. He’s only 19 and attended the economics faculty in Kyunghee.”

“Oh, not as bad as I thought,” said Kangshik. “We fixed the system and it worked well but still a bit slow. And our Goo Sangjin is dead. Cause of death—poisoned by CO2. We found him inside an empty gas drum. His body got folded.”

, folded?

“Like an origami,” said Minyoung. “Someone fold his body and now—his body is folded like the ‘U’ letters. Backbones broke—because of the folding—geez. I can’t imagine who’s doing this. And we revealed if he paid the military academy so he don’t have to attend the military service.”

I nodded—“Well, it was a sly plan.”

“Something for you I got from the mailbox, sir,” an officer gave Kangshik a little box. “It has no name—”

“I’ll take this.” He smiled and the officer gone. “I wondered, what kind of is this? Someone sent me a gift? Wah—I’m proud of it, thanks fan!”

“Fan, you mean... that?” Minyoung pointed at an air fan.

“Not that, dude.”

We walked inside Kangshik’s room and he was too excited with his box. He untied the ribbons that tied the box with the upper cover.

“Let’s see what’s inside,” he smirked. Me and Minyoung stood in his right and left. “Hana, dul.. set,” he opened the upper cover.

“LORD!”

“SATAN BRAT!”

A beheaded head.

--

“Names Rak Jinsang. Other guard of the President, twenty three years old, came from a poor family located in Mokpo. I found other paper inside and found an unidentified fingerprint—the same fingerprint with our early birthday present with intestines,” I walked inside the meeting room. “Look—lots of nitrogen inside his brain.”

“What it could be?”

“Someone tried to kick the President by killing the guards one by one, then kick him slowly by poisoning him, the same way as he killed Goo Sangjin—the Minister of Health’s son, the early birthday present, and Rak Jinsang,” said Kangshik.

“I found the meaning of the binary code!” said Sungmi—she break through the door. “It means ‘death causes of the victims: poisoned.’ And I don’t even have any idea who did this.”

“You have to protect the son of the President. I found another longer binary code,” said Minyoung—she gave me a paper found inside the box.

01101001 00100000 01110111 01101001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101011 01101001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110011 01101111 01101110 00100000 01100110 01101001 01110010 01110011 01110100

“Means... ‘I will kill his son first’.”


Enjoy.

PS: English is my third language so...