Y - They Are Related?

Coup D'etat

“Where’ve you been?” asked my dad—when I went inside the mansion. “How are you, sweetheart?”

“Fine,” I replied. “Appa—please. You phoned me twenty times when I’m driving,” I said—then sat on the couch. “I hope that there’s something important—like you’re not going to be the prime minister or something.”

“First—I got some profits, around $300,000—I’ll buy you a new car. And Luxiao’s company’s holdings got $700,000—he said that Luhan will buy you two a new house,” he said—sipped his coffee and stared at me. “Second, I’m going to be the next prime minister.”

“I know,” I replied shortly. “Luxiao doesn’t know laws.”

“Damnit, Yeonhyo. Could you just sit there, agree-ing my things?” he replied. “I heard that you’re pregnant. Congratulations.”

“Ya,” I replied—sipped my tea which the maids served for me.

“I’ll be here two months later,” he said. “Well, do you want something from Paris?” he asked awkwardly—like there’s nothing to talk about. He’s kidding; I’ve spent my holidays in Paris more that you can imagine—I lived in Europe since my mother passed away and just went back this year.

“I don’t know. Leave me some money—I spent 100 million won today.”

He stared at me. “What for?”

“Orphanages,” I replied shortly. “Wait—Luhan will look after me if I’m not going—”

“I called him, and his father—they’re on their way here. To celebrate your first month of marriage, and he bought a house for you two,” he said. “And I’ll sell the condo—well, I think you deserve a better house too. That condo was small and disgusting.”

“Excuse me, Master. Master Luxiao and Young Master Luhan is here,” said Mijung—my beloved nanny—she’s actually old enough to quit her job but I decided to keep her (eventhough my dad hates her)—she’s the one that replaces the position of ‘Mother’. Since I’m married—I can’t meet her everyday.

“Good evening, mate!” greeted my dad to Luxiao. “Luhan—sit next to Yeonhyo.”

“Of course,” said Luhan and he smiled. His smile—I can see that was just a fake smile he made to prank my father. But what kind of wife that can’t detect her own husband’s fake smile?

“So I heard that we’re going to have a grandchild!” said Luxiao. “Congratulation! I hope that your mother and my wife are alive, they would be so happy then,” he smiled. Big and fake. “So we’re here to talk about your securities. You should quit your job as a bodyguard, Yeonhyo.”

“No.”

“We’re going to be the president and the prime minister, dear,” said my dad. “And we’re going to kill people who’s trying to kill the present president and his son. It’s okay—and our first lady is in the hospital; in a big trauma because someone kidnapped her that time.”

“Yah?” I replied. “I won’t quit my job—both of my jobs are good and it wasn’t that easy to earn the badges, daddies,” I replied and stared at my dad.

Luhan froze; he glanced at me once. “No need to ask her what to do.”

For the first time on our marriage he supports me.

“It’s for your safety,” said Luxiao—seeing his face, even by just watching him talking—I want to punch him. “And you’re also pregnant.”

“Oh,” I replied shortly. “You have no rights to ask me what to do. Luhan is the one who has the right to tell me and ask me what to do—I have to obey my husband and he let me do my jobs so what kind of ing is wrong with it.”

“How dare you...”

“Yes, I’m that stubborn,” I replied.

“It’s dangerous out there, Yeonhyo. You dealed with chopped bodies and rotted bodies—and it came from one murderer,” said my dad. “You have to quit.”

“How’d you know?” I asked.

Seemed like my dad...

“Yeah, guessing.”

“Luhan, our parents had connection,” I whispered to him.

“They are.”