J - Sweet Yeonhyo (2)

Coup D'etat

The house was small and old-fashioned, Kris hyung thinks if the house is cozy enough, but Luhan hyung thinks if the house is too small. They argued a bit but stopped when Xiumin hyung—who came late—arrived. He bought some food for tonight’s dinner—and Tao placed the food on the dining table since Yeonhyo noona is busy taking care of me eventhough I said to her if I’m okay.

“Rest well, okay?” Yeonhyo asked, pulled the blanket for me. “I’ll bring the food for you, you must be hungry.”

“Noona, you should eat,” I replied. I can see her tired and starving face.

“You are more important than me,” she smiled and went outside the room. “Hey,” she greeted EXO.

“Eat, Yeonhyo,” said Lay.

“Yeah, later,” she replied. “I’ll take care of Junmyeon first and make sure if he’s full, then I’ll eat. He’s sick,” she said then I heard her footsteps.

“Noona, what are you doing?” I asked—when Yeonhyo noona placed a chair next to the bed. “No need to spoonfeed me I can eat by myself.”

“Shut up,” replied Yeonhyo noona, she took a spoonful of kimchi and spoonfeed me. “Eat, Junmyeon. I know this is a cheap food but at least this kind of thing will make you feel better, dear.”

I’ve never been eating street kimchi before. My dad won’t let me to and plus—I hate streetfoods. I opened my mouth and the of street kimchi isn’t as bad as I thought before. I begun to chew and glanced at Yeonhyo noona.

“It’s good,” I murmured. “I thought the taste isn’t good like this,” I said and smiled.

“Yah, I told you,” she replied. “Street foods aren’t that bad, Junmyeon. If there’s a chance to meet you again I’ll bring you to a little Korean Food restaurant near my dorm in Oxford. If there’s a chance to bring you there too,” she said with a smile. “Open you mouth!” she said.

“Noona! Don’t treat me like a kid!” I said then giggled.

“You’re a child!” she said then I heard giggles from her. “Well, well. This is a small town and seems like there’ll be no food for tomorrow. Xiumin found this food outside the city. We can’t move tomorrow because there were some people who’s searching for us.”

“Then eat, noona. There’ll be no food left!” I said.

“I’m not hungry.”

She lied. Once more—I can see she’s starving herself. Her face is now pale enough to call her as a sick person.

“Noona,” I said—after chewing the vegetables. “You have to eat, now,” I said.

--

Luhan hyung don’t care about his wife—he’s busy laughing and smoking outside the house. Luhan hyung, Kris hyung and Lay were smoking at the backyard and laughed out loud. Xiumin hyung decided to stay in his room with Tao and Chen. Yeonhyo noona stayed in my room—with a thick novel she brought from Seoul.

She’s beautiful.

I don’t know—last days I’ve been looking at her a lot. She’s smart, kind and she’s a caring person though she alwas hide her actual personality behind her rudeness. She’s a fashionable person eventhough she don’t need a long time to decide what-to-wear. She’s perfect in her own way, I guess.

She sat next to me and she’s reading a novel—while I’m trying to get to sleep. But I got a headache and I can’t tell her because she might be so worried and she could stay up all night just for me.

I closed my eyes and then pulled my blanket. “Noona, you can go sleep. I’m okay,” I said.

“Are you sure?” she asked in a worry.

“Of course,” I smiled. “Good night,” I said.

“Good night too,” she said and smiled. “Bye.”

I smiled and pulled my blanket—tried to not to think about Yeonhyo noona. I... I’m in love with her? Big no—Luhan hyung would slap me and kick my out from his colony and he would let me starve and bad people out there would kill me and stab me too. Eventhough he dislikes Yeonhyo noona, he wouldn’t let anyone flirt or touch his wife. So what’s the use of having a wife, then?

I heard footsteps coming into my room. It’s a fast steps—Luhan hyung’s steps. Someone opened the door and yes, it’s Luhan hyung who’s outside.

“You see Yeonhyo?” he asked.

“She’s back in your room. She haven’t eat anything.”

Luhan hyung left and I heard him knocking on his room’s door next to my room. “Eat, Yeonhyo.”

“I don’t want to,” I heard Yeonhyo noona’s voice. “Don’t force me to, Luhan.” She rushed inside my room and sat on the chair next to my bed. “He keeps forcing me. I’ll sleep here I guess, can I?”

“O-of c-c-ourse,” I said, tried to reach her novel on the table next to my bed—but my hand touches her hand. “Sorry.”

“Junmyeon, you got a fever,” she said in a worry. “How could you?” she said and she exited the room.

She went back with her bag and a bowl filled with hot water. She took a piece of little cotton fabric—she soaked the fabric into the hot water—squeezed it so the water comes out from the fabric and left some heat on it. She pressed my forehead with the warm fabric.

“Noona you don’t have to do this. It’s late already,” I said.

She shooked her head. “No, you’re my responsibility now, Junmyeon,” she replied with a smile. “Here—a medicine I’ve prepared before we left,” she gave me two different pills and a glass of water.

“Thank you,” I replied.

“Now just take a rest, I’ll be here for you okay? Just call my name if you need me,” she replied.

“Noona, I’m okay,” I replied. “You need some rest and food,” I said in a worry. “You are much more important than me.”

“Junmyeon-ah,” she murmured. “You’re now my responsibility,” she whispered on my right ear.