Y - The Plan

Coup D'etat

“Prisoners, line up!” an officer shouted and commanded all of the prisoners. They opened our cells and then asked us to join the dinner.

“Officer,” I murmured. “Do you have a pen and a paper? I have to draw something, at least I’m not trying to escape. Drawing something kills my boredom,” I said to an officer.

“Yes, ex-detective Han Yeonhyo,” he teased. “I’ll give it to you later, now line up.”

“Noona, what kind of thing you’ll do with those stuffs?” asked Junmyeon curiously.

“I think I got the picture of this jail’s map, it’s in my phone’s memory card, but my phone is running out of battery and since memory cards are portable I think I can move it to your phone then we can re-draw it on a paper then we can try to escape this damned building,” I whispered.

“70% remaining, noona. And I kept it inside my boxer,” he chuckled.

“Make sure you don’t put it inside your underpants, I will never ever touch your phone anymore,” I replied. “Come on, let’s stand in line like the other prisoners do.”

“You’re detective Han Yeonhyo, is that right?” an officer asked. “Welcome to your jail.”

I stared at him then entered the dining room—as I pulled Junmyeon’s hand. “Oh—. I forgot to tell you if we’re going to eat in jails.”

I sat in front of him in the corner—after takingtwo trays filled with salad and meat soup and water. I don’t have any mood to eat right now since my baby keeps kicking on my stomach. It’s the fourth month of the pregnancy—but I can feel his tummy kicking me. Ridiculous, isn’t it?

“Mrs Lu, this is what you’ve asked Officer Kang,” another officer put two papers on the table and a pen.

“Thank you,” I faked a smile. “Now stop commanding me for something I don’t deserve,” I murmured after the officer gone.

“I hope Luhan hyung is looking for us,” said Junmyeon.

“He will,” I smiled. “Now eat, then we’ll make some plan to escape. Wait—is that peach?”

“Yes, noona. Why?” asked Junmyeon.

“Eat the peach, then leave the seeds for me. We will make something that could destroy the cells, Junmyeon.”

--

“So—I’ve placed some things we have to break so we can escape,” I started drawing. “First, a cell. We can break it with the peach seeds, it contains strong acid that could break metals. Second, an unbreakable glass, I nailed it with some not-strong-enough nails, so we could pull it off with this stuff I found.”

“What is that, Noona?”

“It’s a plier, Junmyeon. Remembered when I told you I want to go to the toilet? I went to the janitor’s room then I stole this stuff.”

“Wow,” replied Junmyeon.

“We need some blankets, we can find it under the bed, they kept some blankets—to make sure we’re not freezing inside this cell. We can use it for protecting ourselves when we’re jumping on the fence—it has sharp wires on the top of its fence.”

“But you are pregnant—and you’re planning to jump?!” asked Junmyeon.

“Pssh, don’t say it too loud,” I put my index finger on his lips. “No way to escape, except this way, Junmyeon. Be tough—we’ll be alright. Now help me to make a doll replica of us—then they’ll think if we’re sleeping. We’ll escape tomorrow and I’ll try to let go those screws from its frame,” I pointed at an air installation on the wall and took the plier.

It’s a hard thing to do—since Junmyeon don’t know how to use pliers, I decided to let go the screws all by myself. I hope there will be no cells-checkings tonight light the officers usually do once a week.

“Noona, are you okay?” asked Junmyeon.

“I’m okay—don’t worry. Yah! I did it,” I released the first screw. “Nine screws to go!”

“Can I try?”

“You’ll make noises, Junmyeon. Let me do this, trust me, okay?”

I tried to pull the screws—until I released eight of it and only one screw remaining. I pulled it but it still sticked on the wall—I tried to pull it and I did it, but the screw flew and punctured my hand.

“Oh my God, Noona, are you okay?”

“I’m okay—it’s okay.”

“Cell Checkings, all the prisoners—raise your hand up!”

Die.