NO - Kangshik's Plan

Coup D'etat

Few days later.

“I’ll go home now, bye Yeonhyo! Oh—bye, Kangshik!” Minyoung smiled and exited the building; tomorrow is her birthday so Yeonhyo and Kangshik decided to go to the marketplace and prepare a little party for her—yeah, it isn’t a real party—but if there’s cake, Yeonhyo will call it a party.

“I need to go to the wedding organizer’s place after going to the bakery,” said Yeonhyo. “It’s raining, Kangshik. We got to be hurry—where’d you want to go?” asked Yeonhyo.

“Well—I know there’s a good place in Dongdaemun. They provides great cakes and breads—well they also opened a cafe. We can sit there and wait until the rain begin to stop,” he said with a smile. “Oh, and also tell Luhan if you’re going there late—I mean, Dongdaemun’s location is in a crowded area.”

“It’s ok—I’ll text him later.”

--

Dongdaemun Market—a marketplace suggested by Kangshik. It was a big crowded place—there are so many food stalls and cafes. Kangshik parked his SUV next to Yeonhyo’s Ferarri. They walked together like a sweet couple.

Much sweeter than Luhan and Yeonhyo.

They entered a bakery named Hana-dul—the shopkeeper was an ahjumma around fourty years old with white skin and long hair tied back upon her head. She looked a lot like Yeonhyo’s mother.

“Ahjumma, one simple cake for a birthday—”

“What’s your friend’s personality? The one who will celebrate the birthday,” the ahjuma—smiled.

“She’s bright,” said Kangshik. “She always make us in a good mood. She is a closed person eventhough she’s bright and lovely—she’ll turn 21 in her western age—I mean 22 in her Korean Age. Her name is Kae Minyoung.”

“I suggest you a bright and lovely lemon cake with fruit—she’s sweet, and this cake suit her well, I think,” said the ahjumma. “Or anything else? I think your decision is yours, I’m just giving you two a suggestion,” she smiled.

“Can you make an opera  cake, ahjumma? She likes chocolate—and oh, can you put strawberries on it? We’ll wait for it and take a seat in your cafe.”

“So what kind of snack do you want to order while you’re waiting?” asked the ahjumma with a bright smile.

“Two eclairs and one chocolate pancake, please. Two cappucino with cinnamon ground on it, ahjumma. Thank you so much,” said Kangshik—with a smile. He picked a seat in the corner with Yeonhyo—and he glanced at her because Yeonhyo’s face seems empty and have no expression.

“What happened?” asked Kangshik in a worried voice.

“She made me think of my mom,” she replied. “The ahjumma’s smile, behavior, and physical apparition was just the same as my mother’s. I wonder if she’s still alive—I won’t—”

“It’s unpolite to compare someone alive with someone who was already... passed away,” said Kangshik.

“I won’t be here, I won’t marry Luhan.”

“He’s nice and handsome.”

“He’s a cold bastard! I’d rather pick Junmyeon than him,” Yeonhyo laughed and smiled. “So, you liked Minyoung? Get over her!”

“She won’t accept me,” he said—“You know her!”

“Not really,” replied Yeonhyo. “I knew her in our office because I’m just that kind of new girl. You knew her longer! So just ask her to be your girlfriend. She’s 21 in her western age, I think that’s mature enough for her to marry you like, lol.”

“You first,” he smirked—“And let’s see who gets pregnant first.”

“ you Kangshik.”

“I mean, that’s normal. Married—having that—ta-da! A child,” he said and laughed. “Okay I’m joking. So what kind of gift you’ll give to Minyoung? I bought this yesterday, you know like I’m so nervous,” Kangshik opened his slingbag and took something.

It was a ring.

“Holy satan crap like you’re gonna ask her for a marriage?” Yeonhyo’s laugh exploded.

“Don’t laugh!” he said. “I’m going to ask her for—”

“Okay, okay. I ordered a platinum bracelet for her. So I think—she won’t reject you. She’s to good for that, I mean, she’s not that cruel to reject you.”

“But she will marry me for a—”

“She likes you.”

“How?”

Yeonhyo bit her lips. “Okay I think I don’t know and I just want you to tell her if you adored her since a loooooooooong time a go,” she laughed and smiled. “Seems like you’re that nervous. You’ll marry her based or your love for her. Me? No—it was a big lie. Well, he’s going to marry me because of our parents.”

“You’ll fall for him, one time.”

“One time? Seems no.”