J - Escape

Coup D'etat

The officer broke through the cell as I raised my hands up and so do Yeonhyo noona. They stared at me then at Yeonhyo noona. I hope they don’t notice Yeonhyo noona’s bloody hand.

“Ok, let’s move, Yang.”

Thank God. You blessed me and Yeonhyo noona.

They locked the cell then gone—as I took a blanket under the bed to clean Yeonhyo noona’s hand. “Noona come here please, I’ll help you with your hand” I said—pulled her hand slowly and put it under the sink’s faucet and cleaned her hand.

“Junmyeon-ah what are you doing with my hand by the way,” she said.

“It’s ok I want you to just do what I said noona. I need to give you something after you took care of me well—even my mother didn’t do that thing to take care of me.”

“The plan’s changed. Let’s escape at 3AM.”

--

I washed my face and dried it with a towel—when Yeonhyo noona is done with her vomits and she cleaned her face also. She took all of the blankets and she didn’t even forget to take the plier—we’re ready to escape.

“Junmyeon-ah... Suho would fit you, right? I liked that name.. Suho. Means ‘guardian’—and I love that name,” she said.

“Not bad,” I replied. “It was shorter also—so you don’t need to call me like ‘Junmyeon ah’... Suho is a great choice too,” I pulled the glass and put it on the bed—which covered the air installation. “Ladies first.”

She smiled and then jumped—she entered the air installation—followed by me. I crawled and put the glass back; I put back some screws so the guards won’t be suspicious. “Suho ah..”

“It’s hot, isn’t it noona? Come on,” I said—then she crawled in front of me. “Oh—it’s snowing outside I gues..”

“Come on come on,” she said—then crawled and found a cell. “Come on, give me the plier I will open the screws,” she took the plier from me and begun to release all the screws. “Done—let’s go, Suho-ya!” she crawled again and then found the last thing.

Another cell. One cell—only once cell and we’re free.

She released the screws and then pulled the cell. She made no sounds, and she gave the cell to me. It’s heavy, but it’s impossible to protest because she won’t carry heavy things. I put it behind me and she jumped—she’s free.

“Come on, let me help you,” she said—pulled my hand and I jumped out. “Now—our enemy is... that tower and three fences. We have to climb—that’s the use of the blanket. We will use it to protect ourselves from those sharp wires.”

It’s freezing. I’m wearing a black thick sweater with jeans and a pair of converse—Yeonhyo noona’s wearing thin legging and peach thin kashmir sweater—she will froze. But she seems strong and she begun to creep on the ground, avoiding the guards.

“Noona?”

“It’s okay—come on,” she stood up and threw a blanket to me. She climbed the first fence—I did too beside her. “, why so sharp! Ouch! Thanks blanket!”

We did jumped from the first fence. Two more fences to go!

She climbed the fence—I followed her from behind. She’s a strong woman—I swear. She didn’t protest and she didn’t blame other peeps for things happened to her for the last few days. Yeonhyo noona left her blanket because it was stuck.

“The blanket...”

I was shocked—then I jumped down—tried to pull our blankets. But we couldn’t. .

“Noona.. how?”

“It’s ok,” she replied. “We’ll try. Even if we’re burned down, it doesn’t mean you gonna die.”

She climbed the fence—quickly. But the sharp wires ripped off her skins, causing her loss of balance and she fell.

“Noona!”

I climbed up—high. Then I jumped down and carried her bridal style into the forest—to make sure we’re not getting caught. She’s bleeding.

“Noona, are you okay?”

“It’s okay. It’s not even painful, Suho-ah! Please let me down,” she said. “Let me walk, I felt guilty because I made you carrying my body like this just let me go okay?” she said.

“No, noona, you’re hurt.”

I put her body down the maple tree. “It’s freezing too. I got a match... I guess. Luhan hyung gave me,” I grabbed my pocket and found a match—I jumped and took the twigs from the tree-then I made a fire—to make Yeonhyo noona comfortable.

“Suho, you don’t need to do this, okay? Make yourself comfortable, and let’s sleep. I’m sleepy.”

I have to, noona.

I lied beside her. “Let’s just wait until the sunrise come.”

“It will come late, Suho. The winter came so fast, isn’t it? It’s only October!” said Yeonhyo noona. “The sunrise will come late because it’s winter,” she lied, facing me. “Look, your cheek is dirty because of my blood,” she said—then wiped off her blood from my cheek.

“Noona, you are freezing.”

“I’m okay!” she said—then smiled. She turned her body against me. “Good morning.”

“Good morning.”

Noona, did you realise, if I... I think I’m in love with you.

“Let me warm you,” I hugged her from her back.

“Suho—you—”

“Suho means guardian, right? I’ll guard you, noona.”