Y - Her Birthday and Mainstream Cases

Coup D'etat

“Good morning, Yeon—”

“Happy birthday, biatch!” I screamed then ran to her—hugged her so tight. “I’m hugging you like a monster! Well, happy birthday, this is my gift for you, here,” I took a little paperbag and gave it to her. “Sorry if you don’t like it or something.”

“Well you don’t need to give me those things,” she said, opened the paperbag. “What the did you bought for me I mean you don’t need too I mean you’re so ing kind like you don’t need to do this kind of thing.”

“And this gift, sorry if you don’t like this kind of thing,” I gave her another paperbag. “It wasn’t a beheaded head okay—just open it.”

“YEONHYO-AH YOU’RE A SATAN CRAP THANK YOU I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!” she jumped and hugged me like a kid. “OMG THANK YOU YOU DON’T NEED TO DO SUCH THINGS!”

“It was just a platinum bracelet and a new iPhone for you because I think you deserved it. Well, money wouldn’t buy friendships so I think that’s not enough for ours and what we’ve been through,” I replied with a huge smile. “Kangshik, your present?”

“Would you want to marry me?” he opened his ring box and kneeled in front of Minyoung.

She blushed and smiled—she hugged Kangshik. “Of course.”

“Omg,” I replied. “Me and Luhan wouldn’t be like you two you’re not even in a relationship I mean you two are just like two strangers becoming a lover just like stories I’ve read in the internet woah let’s go for a day off.”

“Come on,” said Kangshik. “I’ll treat you both.”

“Okay so whose birthday today actually if you’re the one that going to treat us?” asked Minyoung.

“Happy birthday Yongie-ah!” two persons broke through the door and hugged Minyoung so tight; it was her parents who lived so far away in Busan and they came to celebrate their daughter’s birthday?—Geez!

“Umma! Appa!” she smiled then hugged her parents. “You both came from Busan? You don’t need to do that and I want to tell you if my friend Kangshik is going to—”

“Marry her,” I replied—actually cutted Minyoung’s words.

“Ehm,” Kangshik sighed. “Can I marry your daughter? I’ll protect her, I promise in the good times and bad times I will protect her.”

“Have you done the military service? How old are you? Where do you live? Where’s your parents?” asked Minyoung’s dad—asking every single detail of Kangshik (he seems like, you know—too curious).

“I’m twenty five years old.”

“Korean or western?”

“Korean, sir,” said Kangshik. “I attended the Korean Police and Law Academy and graduated with the best skills, so I don’t have to do it, sir. I came from Seoul, yes. My parents were divorced and they lived in different places. My mother is in Japan and my father is in Incheon, sir. I live in Gangnam City Point Apartment.”

“You will?” asked Minyoung’s mother.

“Yes, Ma’am.”

“Sure,” said Minyoung’s dad. “So this girl is must be Yeonhyo—Minyoung told us a lot about you, the new super genius girl. You’re the daughter of the owner of Han Coal Minings and Steel Companies, right?”

“Yes, sir,” I bowed. “No, I’m not that genius—well she’s too overacted.”

“She gave me a platinum bracelet and an iPhone—well, basically, gold iPhone. She’s too kind and I don’t know how to give it back to you,” Minyoung said. “You don’t need to do that, actually.”

“Oh, young woman. You mustn’t do that, well, we appreciated your present for Minyoung since it was that expensive but don’t do it later, okay?” asked Minyoung’s mother in a warm voice. “So I heard you’re matchmaked with Luhan—the son of the China’s most succesful businessman?”

I nodded; . I mean—these people know Luhan so well.

“Can I answer a call, Sir, Ma’am? I guess I’ll leave for a second,” I asked for a permission; that prince-Junmyeon called my phone.

“Of course.”

“Good Morning, Han Yeonhyo’s speaking.”

“I know. So will you come today, Yeonhyo-ssi? I have a class at 10.”

“No problem. I’ll pick you up in 9.15.”

“It’s 9AM, Yeonhyo-ssi.

“Bye.”

—so I can’t join the conversation anymore? I mean, I’m not interested with Minyoung’s parents at all because they’re busy talking about Minyoung and Kangshik’s marriage. I want to avoid the President’s mansion today. But that prince had a class.

“Excuse me I’ll go to do my job, the President called me, now excuse me.”

--

I drove to Konkuk University and Junmyeon sat beside me and studying (that’s not common for him) and how can he study when I’m driving my car really fast? Or he’s just pretending like he’s studying but actually he didn’t even read anything?

“Okay, I’ll drop you here.”

“Can you go inside with me?”

“No.”

“My dad asked me to, a bodyguard got attacked and I’m rich so I need a—”

“Ok.”

He went inside the building; I locked the car’s door and went inside with him—it has been six month after I left my education stages. Law Master Degree and 1st Class Detective and Police educations are enough—so I’m not thinking of going to another university. Waste of money—I don’t need any PhD program just yet.

“You have no friends?” I asked.

“No.”

“Why?”

“Idk,” he replied. “Maybe they’re envy and jealous because I’m rich and they aren’t. Because I always get what I want, and I won’t—”

“—stop being so arrogant like you’re the richest,” I replied. “Listen, bad people are looking for you, okay? They are searching for your money. Act like you’re a normal person and you don’t have money so they won’t search you because of your money. It’s dangerous, little prince.”

Junmyeon stopped talking. “Your phone vibrates.”

“Go inside, I’ll answer this call. Nuguseyo?”

“Luhan.”

“Yeah?”

“Ask for two days off.”

“For?”

“That ing wedding planner asked me to.”

“Ok. Anything else?”

“No.”

--

I’m starving.

I’m looking for ing McBurgers but I can’t even eat it because Minyoung would slap me if she know if I’m eating fastfood before my wedding.

“001-412, calling Detective Han. Someone attacked the president’s bodyguard in 213 Yungmundo, Apgujeong-gu. Please be hurry,” someone contacted the ht service.

“Copy that, I’ll go.”

I stepped on the gas pedal and went to the address the officer gave—well, it was a quite tiring day since Junmyeon asked me to accompany him to the ing expensive bookstore, for books, their prices were too expensive though I have enough money to buy all of them but NO.

Someone’s doing this crazy job that creeps me out; attacking president’s bodyguards and even chopped their bodies. Someone tried to hack the system and in 2 days before my wedding, I haven’t see Mr Luxiao. This is gonna be a big coup d’etat—what’s all behind this?

I stopped my car in front of a big abandoned store; I saw someone lying on the road with some paramedics and other polices. I felt like useless because I came late.

“He said that someone shot him from his back. He saw fourty-years old man with black hair, and he’s not that tall, maybe 170cm—he wears black blazer. He rode a mercedes benz, oh and his type of bullet is 9mm-pro bullet,” said Kangshik—he came with his board. “According to his blood traces, the shooter came from inside this building, this abandoned store.”

170cm, fourty years old, black blazer, black hair and mercedes benz?

Looked a lot like Luhan’s father—Luxiao. But I can’t think about it—he’s going to be my father in law.

What’s the ing idea behind this.